Talk

Advanced search

What are these insects dying in my bath?

(4 Posts)
Shukran008 Tue 11-Aug-15 22:05:27

I live in the middle east, these insects seem to come up the drain. I find them mainly in the bath, occasionally in the toilet and sink. Never in the bidet-which is never used so assuming its always dry.
We rent and monthly pest control sprays makes no difference, the management think they are ants or termites.

Shukran008 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:07:41

Anyone?

TheMaddestHatter Wed 12-Aug-15 13:41:16

Hi there,

your pictures aren't very clear but how many pairs of wings are there? is its waist pinched or straight? Are its antennae bent or straight?

It looks to me like a reproductive termite due to the wing shape and comparing it to the pictures i've found.

www.pestproducts.com/winged-termites.htm

scroll down to reproductives on this link: www.doityourselftermitecontrol.com/subterranean-termites.html

I would suggest joining this forum for proper identification: www.nhm.ac.uk/natureplus/community/identification/bug-forum

They are UK based but are full of experts who will no doubt jump at the chance to identify them for you. I'd suggest trying to give clearer pictures when posting on that forum though, and giving details e.g. size in mm, how many legs, any other colourings you see on rather than black

Good luck!

Shukran008 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:56:14

Thanks maddest, looks like termites from those links.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now