Talk

Advanced search

Autumn half term: 7+ courses/ boot camps outside of London?

(4 Posts)
FlorenceCraye Thu 04-Oct-18 10:12:33

I am wondering if there would be any 7+ boot camps/ courses away from London, which could double as vacation, rest and outdoor time for DC.

Looking for a course in less polluted area, with walks and outdoor activities/ sightseeing/ play possibilities (resulting in good night's sleep and recuperation). Nothing complicated or high end needed, just nice outdoors and play.

Very grateful for any suggestions.

RockyCove Sat 06-Oct-18 20:04:14

If this is 7 plus I wouldn’t have thought anything residential exists as quite a lot of children would be 6?

FlorenceCraye Sun 07-Oct-18 12:25:15

Apologies i was unclear i meant somewhere eg in countryside or smaller historical town where DC and i can go together and make a 'holiday' of it (such as it can be while studying multiple hours per day)

princessbarbie Mon 29-Oct-18 07:36:16

Why not take DC away to a log cabin or shepherds hut and create your own programme? You could follow theNational Trust Things to do by 11 and 3/4 guide; Real life Maths, English, Science, History, Geography etc are naturally built in. As is family time.
Don’t underestimate the power or value of play either for little ones...
Cool Camping or Canopy & Stars are a useful start point. Have fun 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: