Talk

Advanced search

Taking my DD out of school

(4 Posts)
schoolholidayhelp Thu 05-Jul-18 15:39:34

My DD is in year 1. I have just finished uni and booked a holiday for me and my DD. We leave Monday and are back the following Monday.

The only reason I have booked it in school time is because I will be starting work very soon and we will then have holidays in holiday time. Also money is obviously very tight atm.

I filled in school form to ask permission and they have sent a letter home saying they can not authorise this and it will be classed as unauthorised absence.Literally this is it.

So my question is will I be fined? How does it work?

I know it isn’t the best but the holiday cost probably a lot less than a fine I can only guess as I booked way in advance and got a hood deal (not abroad) of £200 and something. How much are fines?

Just to add as to not drip feed. DD has had one hell of a year because of her father and the school know this. She has missed some days because of this and doctors were involved as I couldn’t get her to leave the house and she also wasn’t eating.

grasspigeons Thu 05-Jul-18 15:42:42

I think whether you will be fined depends on your local authority area

in my area they don't fine for absences of less than 10 days.. However it appears some area's do fine for shorter absences.

BarbarianMum Fri 14-Sep-18 08:02:10

In my area youd be fine £50 per day if more than 3 days and so would her father.

BarbarianMum Fri 14-Sep-18 08:02:42

Fined not fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: