Talk

Advanced search

can my son have a day off?

(12 Posts)
GeorgiaT2468 Mon 23-Nov-15 09:43:58

Hi all,

I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant and I'm still trying to make arrangements for child care of my other two children for when I go into labour.

As we know I can go into labour any time day or night. I had arranged with my mums partner to come to my home to look after my children if I went into labour at night/early hours ect during the week so she can take my eldest to school and stay at mine to watch my other. Now she's saying she doesn't want to come to mine and would prefer them at my mums house.

Meaning I may have to take my kids out of bed early hours to drive them to hers, in which case if it's a school day she won't be able to take my son to school as she only has a two seater vehicle! If it's a weekend/Friday night type thing it's fine but any other time it's not. Does anyone know if I will be ok to potentially let the eldest have a day of school or will I get in trouble? I'm not sure if they will see it as a justifiable reason to have him off? Feeling nervous. I'd appreciate some input. Thank you very much xx

AuntieStella Mon 23-Nov-15 09:52:21

Do not drive if you are in labour, even early stages. One strong contraction at just the wrong time and it's a hazard.

Could you pay for taxis, both to deliver the DC to them and for them to do the school run?

GeorgiaT2468 Mon 23-Nov-15 09:56:03

No I didn't mean me personally driving lol my partner will drive.

It's half hour drive and if I have to wake him early hours he's not going to be ok for school as he struggles to sleep anyway and if affects him at the best of times. My boys are 5 and 2 xx

GeorgiaT2468 Mon 23-Nov-15 09:57:08

Already checked taxi price and it's 30 quid each way confused xx

ooerrmissus Mon 23-Nov-15 10:10:28

She needs to be st your house as you arranged, why does she want to change? It would surely be better that way as all the kids clothes, toys etc are there?

usual Mon 23-Nov-15 10:11:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GeorgiaT2468 Mon 23-Nov-15 10:15:58

She said she would be more comfortable with them at gets rather than mine. No further answers when I questioned just that she won't stay at mine.

Lots of people said I'd get fined ect? Xx

TheoriginalLEM Mon 23-Nov-15 10:18:24

YEs, he absolutely can have the day off the school will just mark him as sick i am sure.

The "lots of people" you know are mad!

usual Mon 23-Nov-15 10:23:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShelaghTurner Mon 23-Nov-15 11:07:45

I'm pretty certain that "apologies, I couldn't get my son to school on Monday as I was in labour" would be fine with the school.

alltouchedout Mon 23-Nov-15 11:14:04

I had ds3 at 8:26 on a Monday morning. Ds1&2 did not attend school that day and if school had been funny about it I wouldn't have given a fuck. They weren't at all difficult though and neither will yours be!

GeorgiaT2468 Mon 23-Nov-15 12:44:21

Okay well il just have to see. Personally they can say what they want if they were funny, my son has 100% attendance so it's not like he's off every week. I just wanted to check that's all. Thanks for advice guys xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now