Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for surviving holidays with big age gaps...

(5 Posts)
Bouncearound Wed 22-Jul-15 18:30:07

I'm trying to keep three dc occupied with varying levels of success. Ages 2,7 and 10 so very little they enjoy in common!
So far we've been going for walks, swimming (which I hate as it's difficult watching the two youngest at the same time), cinema (nightmare with dc3), soft play (hated by dc1!). They all enjoy going to the park, wandering around town, farm parks etc but I would love some ideas on things we can do together around the house or local area (lots of parks, fields, ponds etc). ATM all three are making an animation on the iPad so there must be more things that would work!
We do lots more exciting things when Dh is around at the weekend so I'm looking for low key easy ideas I can organise by myself... Any ideas?

Luckyfellow Wed 22-Jul-15 18:40:43

Those ages are difficult. Maybe
Football at the park / in garden
Day at the beach
Trips to the library with picnic in the park
Drawing

It will probably be great fun once you all get into the swing of things.

DoItTooJulia Wed 22-Jul-15 18:43:58

I've got a ten yeR old and two year old.

The one thing they both love is wearing just pants and playing with the sprinkler. But that's about it!

We are going on holiday next week, so hoping walks and picnics and trains will do the trick!

Bouncearound Wed 22-Jul-15 20:18:47

Thanks
I have to work two mornings a week so dc3 goes to nursery and dc1 and 2 come to work with me then need to burn off some energy afterwards!
We do spend a lot of time in the park- they all love going on bike rides with dc3 in the weeride but it's when the weather is bad or we have to be at home that they get bored and start arguing!
I'd love a fab art activity that they could all do but I've no imagination beyond playdoh smile

luciez Sun 24-Jul-16 10:03:11

Hello, if you're interested in a holiday club, I know that some will accept both your 7 and 10 year olds where they can enjoy activities together. For example, French and Music Ensemble day camp is for 7-12 year olds. They will learn French through musical activities and perform in a small play at the end of the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now