Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Financial help for sahm

(5 Posts)
StevieG213 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:41:16

Hi, I am currently pregnant and worried sick about what happens after mat leave. I will have no support from either side of family with childcare and I am stressing about going back to work! I have done some sums and it looks like I would have around £5 per week after paying childcare/travel and that's before any bills or food! My husband works full time but his wage barely covers the bills alone! I want to work but I don't see the sense in paying to work?? So my question is would I get any financial help from the government or not as I will be choosing to leave my job??? I have also considered getting an evening job but that would be really tight to manage between due to his working hours. Thanks for any advice.

InDubiousBattle Mon 23-Oct-17 11:11:28

Have a look on entitledto.com and put your financial details into a benefits calculator. Roughly how much do you both earn?

WitchesHatRim Mon 23-Oct-17 11:15:35

It would depend on your DH wage too.

It isn't case of just you on your own.

MollyHuaCha Mon 23-Oct-17 11:20:31

When your baby is born you can apply for child benefit - about £20 a week (I think).

Partyof7 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:36:33

You may be entitled to some form of child tax credit or universal credit if its already were you live. Entitled to is a great tool to use. I decided to give up work after number 3 for the same reasons

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now