Advanced search

Financial help for sahm

(5 Posts)
StevieG213 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:41:16

Hi, I am currently pregnant and worried sick about what happens after mat leave. I will have no support from either side of family with childcare and I am stressing about going back to work! I have done some sums and it looks like I would have around £5 per week after paying childcare/travel and that's before any bills or food! My husband works full time but his wage barely covers the bills alone! I want to work but I don't see the sense in paying to work?? So my question is would I get any financial help from the government or not as I will be choosing to leave my job??? I have also considered getting an evening job but that would be really tight to manage between due to his working hours. Thanks for any advice.

InDubiousBattle Mon 23-Oct-17 11:11:28

Have a look on and put your financial details into a benefits calculator. Roughly how much do you both earn?

WitchesHatRim Mon 23-Oct-17 11:15:35

It would depend on your DH wage too.

It isn't case of just you on your own.

MollyHuaCha Mon 23-Oct-17 11:20:31

When your baby is born you can apply for child benefit - about £20 a week (I think).

Partyof7 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:36:33

You may be entitled to some form of child tax credit or universal credit if its already were you live. Entitled to is a great tool to use. I decided to give up work after number 3 for the same reasons

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: