Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Third floor no lift - opinions please!

(10 Posts)
Tch1 Wed 27-Sep-17 21:43:36

Hey,
I'm just looking for opinions and other people's experiences..
I live in a third floor apartment with quite narrow stairs and no lift.
I'm a first time parent and never considered getting the stroller up and down the stairs. What I've got is an all terrain thing so quite big and comes in two parts. Anyway point being.. does anyone leave the baby upstairs while they take the pram down or what's the general opinion on this? I haven't done it yet however I'm having to wear my little one whilst yanking one half down stairs and coming up for the other half. I live abroad its currently 32 degrees and as you can imagine this unsettles her massively before we've even stepped outside the door!
Anyone else suffered this too?! I feel like a prisoner.. a sweaty rapunzel but without the glamour!!
Is it a big no to leave her in a safe place for a few minutes?!!

LtGreggs Wed 27-Sep-17 21:57:49

I'd say it's fine - leave her in a seat / cot where she can't roll out, and always take your keys so can't get locked out.

To make life easier - is there somewhere downstairs you can store the buggy, even if just between trips - hallway, outside store or similar? Or just leave it outside door if it's private and not blocking entrance?

You could also consider swapping for a more lightweight buggy - but might not help that much if it doesn't cope with distance / terrain / shopping capacity that you need.

(Also you should read The Women's Room - there's a scene in that book about this very topic that always stays with me)

Twinkletowedelephant Wed 27-Sep-17 21:59:32

I use to leave mine in the car boot.

Tch1 Thu 28-Sep-17 04:49:00

Thanks LtGreggs.. I thought it would be fine but anyone I say this too looks at me in horror..

Also just for perspective.. I live in a third world country. Can't leave things outside without them disappearing forever and also can't get anything new as they just don't have here!
The car is a pick up truck with no boot.. basically I'm screwed ha. hmm

BarbarianMum Fri 06-Oct-17 20:36:34

Baby in a sling and buggy in my hands is what I'd do.

teaortequila23 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:42:41

Leave her in the house put the door on the latch and as soon as you can trade your pram in for a babyzen yoyo

allegretto Fri 06-Oct-17 20:45:48

I had the same problem with my twins so I actually used to leave one, take one downstairs, leave that one downstairs and go back for the other one - I would literalkt never have been able to go out otherwise. Only you know what your building is like and whether this would feel safe but for me it was the right decision.

allegretto Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:01

I use to leave mine in the car boot.
That's no way to treat a baby. grin

museumum Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:52

What kind of stroller have you got? We were second floor when ds was a baby and I just bumped him up and down gently on the back wheels. Facing forward down and pulling backwards up. I could get him up still sound asleep after a wee bit practice.

mumofthreesmallmen3 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:50:57

Do you have a car? Could leave pram in boot so don't have to lug it up and down each time? I used to live up three flights and was a nightmare even with a light weight stroller but if she is put somewhere safe it won't take more than a few mins x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now