Talk

Advanced search

Nap time alternative to naps...

(4 Posts)
tootsieglitterballs Mon 08-May-17 13:30:20

Our 2 year 3 month son has over the last week (since daddy decided it was a good idea to take the sides off his cot....) decided that he doesn't need to nap.

Bedtime had been becoming a battle so we thought it may be getting close to that time to drop a nap, although it seems a tad early to me, but I'm certainly no expert.

I've been trying to get him to at least stay in his room, sit and read books, play quietly etc, but he's not having it. So now he's downstairs playing again whilst I type this!

He certainly does need a 'rest' if not a nap though, otherwise he's a devil delightful child come the end of the afternoon...

Any tips on what to do with him to try and get him to 'rest' or is my only option really the tv!

He's an active little boy, who loves to be doing stuff all the time, but I also need time to get stuff done around the house etc (and rest as currently pregnant) . I'm a SAHM, and have probably got a little too used to him taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon!

InDubiousBattle Mon 08-May-17 20:17:58

My ds is 3.5 years and still has a two hour nap most days! Put the sides back on the cot? I don't think that blanket on the sofa with a film on would be the worst thing in the world!

tootsieglitterballs Tue 09-May-17 07:34:21

Oh gosh - maybe I'll continue trying to persevere with nap time! I've been at least attempting it every day. Shall continue in case it is just another phase.

BusyBee2017 Fri 12-May-17 09:06:56

My 20 month old is still in his cot and we need the cot for DS2 but I refuse to take DS1 out of his cot for that reason I know he will refuse to nap and will not want to go to sleep at night... or wake up during the night or wake up early if he can get out of bed

I would suggest put the cot sides back on, he will get upset but maybe try it again when he is 3

My brother has lent me a bench which his LO's cot without one side to it because that side is used for a headboard of the double bed. So I will be putting DS1 in there and DS2 in the cot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now