Talk

Advanced search

Help I'm bored shitless!

(8 Posts)
victoriusblunder Tue 28-Mar-17 16:46:14

Been sitting on the dining room floor playing trains for three hours. This morning it was playdough for two hours. Luckily we went swimming in between or I'm not sure I'd still be alive.
My brain is slowly disintegrating.shockhmmconfused

thegoatwhogotthequiche Tue 28-Mar-17 19:19:01

How old is your DC? ...would you feel dreadfully guilty if they played with the trains alone while you found something more interesting to do? There is no law that says you have to play with them all of the time...3 hours deserves a medal IMO, I'm not sure that I have ever played that long uninterrupted!

Vegansnake Tue 28-Mar-17 19:20:27

But yr bond with yr child is rock solid..keep up the good work

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Tue 28-Mar-17 19:21:28

I have rules of thumb depending on age but at around 2 I'd give full undivided play on the floor attention for about 10 minutes, then get around 20 minutes of pottering time to get stuff done.

Honeyandfizz Tue 28-Mar-17 19:22:52

Yr???

Don't blame you op I'd be stir crazy too. Put the radio/ TV for a bit of adult talk. 3 hours is a bloody long time to be playing with trains!

dontpokethebear Tue 28-Mar-17 19:33:59

When my two youngest are playing, I tend to dip in and out. If they ask me to play then I do, but if they are happy playing on their own then I leave them to do it.

Ecureuil Tue 28-Mar-17 19:36:25

Mine are 3 and 20 months and I've never played solidly with them for an hour, let alone 3! I set them up with activities like play doh then dip in/out and loosely supervise while doing other things. They play together with their toys. Mainly we spend quite a lot of time out of the house wearing them out! I do very little 'playing'

victoriusblunder Tue 28-Mar-17 22:43:12

FYI DS is 3. Don't feel so bad for being bored now, thanks!
We don't often have a whole day at home, today I remembered why.hmm
Tomorrow we have a class in the morning and I'll be arranging a play date for after lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now