Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for what to do in my free time while DDs are in school

(3 Posts)
Naz2881 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:21:09

This might seem like a frivalous post but after nearly 11 years of baby production (4DDs) and hardly any time to myself I now have two full days to myself when DD4 is at nursery.

I've been enjoying these days by pottering around at home and running errands at my own leisure. Last week I decided to visit the museums in Sth Ken and had a brilliant time all by myself. Was wonderful getting to see the amazing Al-Thani collection at the V&A.

So bearing that in mind, could you ladies give me ideas where I could go and explore by myself while all 4 DDs are in school ? Born and brought up in London I'm ashamed to say I haven't managed to explore my city, have a ways been busy studying, working or being a mum.

Want to make the most of these two precious days before I tentatively make the decision to return to teaching in September.

SevenOhTwo Mon 04-Apr-16 01:11:14

It does depend what you like and where you're based a bit but I would take myself off to:
Kew - to walk and admire the plants in peace (although used to have an annual pass; bit expensive for one offs)
Kenwood House at top of Hampstead Heath - interesting house, nice little gift shop, beautiful views out to Heath
Fulham Palace - beautiful gardens, nice cafe and lovely being by river
Wellcome Collection - exhibitions I've seen there have always been really interesting. They do lots of free lunchtime events as well, or used to anyway.
Tate Britain - last went with 1and 3 yo and had to hare around chasing them; would have loved to have stayed longer to enjoy building as much as the art
Pottering around shops in Hampstead and stopping for posh coffee and snacks
Cinema - pref Curzon Mayfair
Chelsea Physic Garden

Enjoy your time!

MadamDeathstare Mon 04-Apr-16 01:21:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now