Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Wales??

(6 Posts)
Fedupofnipplepinching Sat 15-Feb-20 17:55:22

Lots of background but long story short we live in a very built up area in the west midlands. I work but my boss hates me and there's no prospect of moving forward in my career where I am. I've been looking for about 6 months but there really aren't any jobs suitable for me to move into (they're either graduate level paying peanuts or so niche they won't actually find anyone with the relevant expertise). My husband is traveling sales, covers everywhere south of Manchester and WFH a lot so location fairly irrelevant for him.
Recently work has been really getting me down to the point where I might just tell my boss to screw it. Hubby is actually all for this idea and upping sticks to Wales. Give the kids a better upbringing in the fresh air etc.

So onto my actual questions...
Where is good to bring up kids in North Wales? Ideally village location, half decent primary school, good community feel, independent shops etc!

Thanks!!!

AdoptedBumpkin Sat 15-Feb-20 18:15:02

I have heard good things about Anglesey, and I liked it when I visited. I've also been to Prestatyn and that seemed a nice enough place, a bit better than Rhyl next door I'm told.

Growingboys Sat 15-Feb-20 18:17:54

Do you have a career plans for Wales? Running for the hills won't cure anything unless you do.

winterinmadeira Sat 15-Feb-20 18:33:34

Try near Llangollen and surrounding area - good schools and links to roads and towns / cities like chester and Shrewsbury

Fedupofnipplepinching Sun 16-Feb-20 11:19:43

No I don't have any firm plans but that's not necessarily a killer. We could live on just hubby's salary, especially without our childcare bill. That's currently taking 75% of my earnings!!
I may start up a little home business or get a part time job with a lot less stress. I just can't be doing with it anymore

Fedupofnipplepinching Sun 16-Feb-20 11:20:29

We've been in Llangollen this weekend as it happens!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »