Talk

Advanced search

Crows attacking my windows!!

(9 Posts)
NathansMummy0203 Thu 08-Jun-17 06:48:48

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but has anyone else ever had this?

We moved 2 years ago to a rural area and since then each year about this time our windows get attacked by crows.

This morning it's been from all sides of the house since 4am. Really loud banging and we now have a 3 month old baby who is also being disturbed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop this or has it happened to anyone else before?

Don't know what to do and they're driving me nuts!!

Ifailed Thu 08-Jun-17 07:00:15

OP, its the reflection, they are trying to scare off that crow that looks a lot like them! Apparently if you put some clingfilm on the outside of the glass it can help.

Rumdoodler1 Thu 08-Jun-17 07:05:02

A friend had this - cling film didn't work but leaving the lights on did

Ifailed Thu 08-Jun-17 07:12:30

Oh, if cling film won't work, could you try putting some netting up in front of your baby's window at least? It would have to stand clear of the glass somehow.

flissfloss65 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:46:15

My friend put large black bird silhouette stickers on her windows. Seemed to work.

NathansMummy0203 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:48:04

Thanks for the replies :-) Clingfilm is a good idea, I think I will try that. Not sure if the lights would work as a few of the windows they peck at are already really bright as curtains not closed like the hall and the lounge? Can't believe what a racket they can make lol.

Theyrejustfuckingwords Thu 08-Jun-17 08:48:46

Hang a dead one up....works according to my in laws!
However I have used windows transfers and it solved the problem also.

NathansMummy0203 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:48:55

Also away to google bird silhouette stickers :-)

NathansMummy0203 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:50:28

I feel bad but I really just can't stand crows! We have so many beautiful birds around and yet we have them banging on our windows at 4am. Reminds me of the film 'the birds' - feels like it aswell sometimes when I'm creeping along the hall landing trying to scare them away!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: