Talk

Advanced search

Putting an offer on a house - from experience when has it been accepted?

(3 Posts)
vbrown38 Mon 29-May-17 19:07:32

The DP & myself put an offer on my dream house on Sunday. I emailed the estate agents to give the offer. We ended up offering 30k under the asking offer as the house needs quite a bit of work. Since I have put in the offer its all I've thought about. I want this house so much but know I need to keep my cool and not look too desperate, but its hard. You'd think I would be excited about having today off as its bank holiday but instead I wish tomorrow would come.

But going to my question, I know the first offer will be rejected but I also know the house has been on the market for a couple of month. We are also attractive buyers, we have a large deposit, no chain and can move straight away (we are first time buyers). We are also willing to pay the asking price and possibly more but we do need to invest money on doing the place up. From your experience how long should I expect to wait to get an answer from the vendor?

Oh also to note, the vendor is not looking to buy, she is going to rent.

Thank you in advance for your answers. I am being very impatient!

Tobuyornot99 Mon 29-May-17 19:10:57

How long is a piece of string? I had an offer accepted within 15 minutes recently, friends have waited 10 working days. Totally depends on so many factors, and of course the bank holiday will cause an element of delay. Good luck in getting the house!

user1499786242 Fri 21-Jul-17 21:21:53

We had our offer accepted there and then at the viewing with the estate agent and vendor.. but it was for full asking price
Could you chase it up with the estate agent?
Genuinely curious but
If you knew it was going to be rejected why did you offer so low?
We absolutely fell in love with the house we viewed and knew we had to live there so we didn't even contemplate going even a penny under asking eventho it needs work

first time buying so don't know much about this stuff x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now