Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to rede in bury St Edmunds

(5 Posts)
user1486387189 Mon 06-Feb-17 13:33:13

Hi everyone I was hoping to get some advice about moving my family to rede in bury St Edmunds. We currently live in London and really would like a change and somewhere better to bring up our 2 children. Does anyone know if rede is a nice, safe place to live. What's bury at Edmunds like?
Thanks

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Mon 06-Feb-17 13:56:34

We made the move from london to near bury nearly 4 years ago and i love it. I will say it took about 18m to get used to it and make friends but we rented initially on a farm. I wouldnt hesitiate to move however you end up driving everywhere but 10 miles only takes you 6-7 mins. I dont know about rede but would suggest renting for a period might be beneficial so you actually get a feel for places. Rentals will also vary as we still have mildenhall amerucan base so llts of landlords tcharge extortionate prices (not compared to london tho) And do check schools they vary wildly althouth bury has a lot of good ones. We have recently moved back towards town and hate noy living rurally so will be moving soon. There is plenty to do cambridge is not too far same with Norwich (airport) and ipswich.
Will you have to commute into london?

user1486387189 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:39:06

Yes my partner will be commuting. We were looking at wymondham but think it maybe just that bit too far. Do you know of any good areas around bury?

QuizteamBleakley Tue 07-Feb-17 12:03:57

Bury is lovely - but the commute by train is not great (IMHO). Horringer and Ickworth are both beautiful.
Wymondham is... okay.
Best of luck - it's a beautiful part of the world. Feel free to PM me if you want any local info on Norfolk & Suffolk towns / cities / villages.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Thu 16-Feb-17 09:07:14

The commute into london will be hell from there. I think you really need to lool at train lines/times etc from different places then work out your commute. Then start looking for villages/towns etc. As i said before 20 miles driving takes you hardly anytime at all. And renting would be your best bet to het a feel pf where you really want to put down roots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now