Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Bearsted/Downswood

(3 Posts)
Patgoodall Fri 16-Dec-16 06:40:27

Hello all,

I'm a twin daddy and looking for advice on moving to the Bearsted / Downswood area just on the outskirts of Maidstone.

Does anyone currently live in the area that can tell me what it's like to raise kids? We have visited the area before and really liked it, but just looking for any inside info on actually living there.

The schools seem to be quite good and plenty of green space for the kids to run around which we liked, plus there were a nice few pubs smile

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Patrick

CurlsLDN Fri 16-Dec-16 06:45:06

I grew up in that area, makes me chuckle to see your post in 'rural living' as it's not considered at all rural by those that live there!

I would say that a great thing about that area is that your kids may have the option to go to grammar school (without paying fees) I know not everyone agrees with the system but Maidstone is one of the places that still has it and the grammars are really great

Patgoodall Fri 16-Dec-16 09:12:15

Sorry CurlsLDN I'm new to this and wasn't sure where I should post the request.
We live near Dartford at the moment so believe me, I class Downswood as rural!
We just want to bring the twins up where there are more green spaces than where we are at the moment.

Cheers
Pat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now