Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Hamilton in South Lanarkshire

(6 Posts)
Diana27 Mon 22-Aug-16 03:32:50

Hi, Myself and my family are looking to move to Hamilton in south Lanarkshire, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best areas of the town to look and ones to avoid? As have read in different places online sane areas are not as nice as others. We will be looking to rent a house/flat with a budget of around £600pcm for rent plus bills.

GruffaloPants Mon 22-Aug-16 04:13:19

You could try posting in Scotsnet for more views. I dint think most people in Hamilton would regard it as rural.

trixymalixy Mon 22-Aug-16 04:22:45

Hamilton rural?! grin

VinoTime Mon 22-Aug-16 04:34:53

Hamilton isn't a very nice area, OP. In fact, most of the towns surrounding it aren't great either. Have you thought about Lanark? It's roughly a 30 minute commute to Hamilton, has good schools, decent transport links, a World Heritage Site right on its doorstep and enough going on to keep a family entertained. It's also affordable smile

AssembleTheMinions Mon 22-Aug-16 05:05:16

I would look at Bothwell (although you might struggle to get something for your budget) or Strathaven. Both lovely villages within easy reach of Hamilton.

Ditsy4 Thu 06-Oct-16 19:26:00

Hamilton isn't very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now