Talk

Advanced search

relocation from Marlow to Epping

(5 Posts)
emmamac16 Sun 12-Jun-16 11:04:10

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to move from Marlow to Epping.. Anyone from that area?

I have a 4 year old girl, she is due to start school in September and I'm trying to find out which are the good primary schools around Epping.. And which ones I have a chance of getting into?

Also which schools do they lead onto for secondary? Good secondary?

Thank you!

If anyone has any thoughts on epping or what groups to do ( I have 4 month old baby too) let me know.

Also if anyone has a rental property available with 3 beds, let me know!

GraceGrape Sun 12-Jun-16 11:10:54

I know the area. There are 5 local primary schools. All but one are oversubscribed so places are very tight, to the extent that one school has to offer a bulge class this year. There is one secondary school in Epping - gets mixed reviews, but has recently had a new head. There is a faith-based secondary school in Loughton that has a good reputation but needs consistent attendance at a place of worship. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

GraceGrape Sun 12-Jun-16 11:14:46

Ok, just re-read your post more carefully. You will need to contact admissions at Essex county council if you need a place for this September. As I said, there was a lack of spaces for this year but I think there would be a space either in the bulge class or at one in a neighbouring village. Or there is usually some waiting list movement in September.

emmamac16 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:52:43

Thank you so much! Really helpful. Which schools would you rate highly out of the 5?
Thx

GraceGrape Sun 12-Jun-16 22:44:46

I'm of the opinion that there are no bad ones. I know people who go to all of them and nobody I know has any issues. A couple of the schools have mixed-age classes, which I wanted to avoid as I'm a teacher and haven't found teaching mixed-age classes to be very successful, but that's a personal thing.

Really though, if you want a place for September there aren't going to be many options so you will need to contact the admissions department to see what is available. If you want to get onto a waiting list place, you will need to see if you can rent a house as close to the school as possible. Aside from that, my best advice would be to see if you can visit any and get a feel for them that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now