Talk

Advanced search

Please HELP, Relocating from Sussex to the Cotswolds,

(4 Posts)
Hollieloulou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:15:04

Hi,

I have been considering a move from Sussex to the Cotswold's for quite some time we are Currently in Horsham, and I dream of swapping our busy Southern lives for a change in the Cotswold's,

We have two small children my eldest is due to start school this sept, The schools in Horsham are brilliant and I haven't come across a school that seems good where we have looked, We looked at Stroud but we are flexible as to where we would move in the Cotswold's.

Has anyone made this move? Also how is it relocating with children starting school? Is it a nightmare to get them into a good school after the cut off date?

I also work nights so we never get to spend any time together as a family I am also beyond exhausted If we moved I wouldn't need to work, However I don't want to move and loose our place at the school we have as its brilliant, What's more important family time, or education? any advise would be greatly appreciated as I feel completely lost with this decision at the moment.

Thank you smile

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 17-Jan-16 23:23:57

Before you move, you'd better start spelling Cotswolds without an apostrophe!

Check Cirencester schools. I think they are generally good

Hollieloulou Sun 17-Jan-16 23:34:59

Crikey thank you it was spell check on my computer, Im so glad I grew up in a world where everything wasn't corrected and perfect. smile

I will check them out thank you for your help.

SquidgeyMidgey Tue 16-Feb-16 07:53:01

I'm local to the north of the Cotswolds, there are good schools here- look at the Cotswold School and Chipping Campden for secondary. They're currently building the living daylights out of Moreton in Marsh with family type houses so there will be lots of 'new people' there on the same boat. There are some lovely older house in the area, too. What sort of location are you looking for, do you have folks anywhere over this way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now