Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Essex

(8 Posts)
Kimora Tue 20-Oct-15 08:23:09

Hi, I'm 40 years old & thinking of moving from London to Essex; either Chigwell or Ingatestone with my husband & son, my only concern is that we are a black family & concerned how we may be received! I'd be interested to know what the people are like there & whether racism is an issue. Thanks in advance for any advice.

florentina1 Tue 20-Oct-15 21:21:48

In Chigwell, it is unlikely that anyone will even notice your race. It is a very multicultural area. Is there anything in particular that is worrying you.

Kimora Tue 20-Oct-15 21:41:20

Hi Florentina1, thanks for replying to my post. No there's nothing in particular that is worrying me, it's just based on my past experience living in Chingford & the looks, stares & rudeness from the locals & shop owners. I want to live in a nice area without being subjected to that kind of attitude on a daily basis. It's good to know that Chigwell is now a multicultural area, thanks for putting my mind at rest.

florentina1 Wed 21-Oct-15 03:19:27

Limits I am sorry you have had a bad experience I suppose you can never guarantee being welcomed by everyone. Please ask if you need any help about chigwell

florentina1 Wed 21-Oct-15 03:50:18

Don't know if you are buying but there are lots of new builds going up very close to Hainault Forest
3 sites that I know of

florentina1 Wed 21-Oct-15 08:30:28

3-am sorry that did not notice that spell check had changed your name Kimora

Kimora Thu 22-Oct-15 11:48:20

Hi Florentina1, thanks again for the information and advice you have given me. Yes I am buying, am looking into new builds, but there doesn't seem to be many. Which sites do you know of? Also, what is the quietest, greenest part of Chigwell that is close to local amenities i.e shops, gym and beauty salons!

Kimora Thu 22-Oct-15 11:48:49

Also no problem bout the name change:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now