Advanced search

Insurance - thatched and Grade II

(2 Posts)
acazc Mon 10-Aug-15 20:39:49

If you've taken out insurance on a thatched and Grade II property, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how much you pay for buildings and contents insurance. We are buying such a house (4 bed with two open fires - one blanked off and one log burner) and I just need a rough figure for budgeting purposes. Thanks in advance smile

OfflineFor40Years Thu 13-Aug-15 17:48:57

Approx £1.1k pa for a similar spec - timber framed, Grade II and thatched. We go through a broker as lots of mainstream insurers don't insure thatched properties.

Obligatory chimney sweeps either annually or twice annually depending on insurer, extinguishers on each floor and chimney inspections too as part of the conditions of the policy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: