Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Thame/Long Crendon/Princes Risborough area

(3 Posts)
Flowersandbirds Mon 18-May-15 10:43:53

We are considering the big move out of London and the Thame/Princes Risborough area appeals to us as I could commute to London 2/3 days per week from the station and my husband could cycle/drive or bus to Oxford. I'm a bit nervous because we've lived in London for so long and wondered whether anyone could provide any general help about areas that are nice/travel options including parking at the station or cycling there. Also what people in the area do for childcare during holidays (we are used to a plethora of London holiday camps). Is it easy enough to meet people or are we going to be seen as outsiders? We have a three year old son hence the move before we get into applying for school places.

We've looked at Long Crendon and that seems to be a lovely place with plenty of amenities so I'd love to hear from anyone living in that area as well as the others mentioned.

CAB07 Thu 14-Apr-16 18:21:58

did you ever get a response on this - i'm interested.

Difficultyear2015 Mon 15-Aug-16 13:51:29

I grew up in Thame and long Crendon and went to primary school in princes risborough and then secondary school in Thame.

I think it's a great place. Long Crendon especially is full of similar people like you who moved out of London so you won't be out of place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now