Talk

Advanced search

Is Goring Boring?

(3 Posts)
sjess Fri 12-Dec-14 14:05:54

Hello mums, my husband is interviewing for a job in Oxfordshire, so we have just started looking at areas to buy a house. Goring on Thames seems a good option with the direct link to Reading. We went there earlier this week to have a look. It was stone dead, the only people we saw were in their seventies. Grant you it was a cold Tuesday in December! It's a beautiful place and the setting is stunning, but we were a bit worried that it was too quiet. Has anyone got experience living there? What other areas around are good for families?

Grateful for any advicesmile

SonT Sat 20-Dec-14 21:19:58

move to streatley. much better.

having said that, it's not boring in goring. last night was hectic down the pubs and goring unplugged acoustic night going on. Tuesday there's a band in one of the pubs, Christmas eve has the torch light procession. all excellent

irregularegular Tue 06-Jan-15 12:36:17

No, not boring at all. As villages of that size go I would say it is definitely one of the liveliest and friendliest and perfect for a young family. But it is only a fairly small village.

Arts Festival, Regatta, Goring Unplugged, Torchlight Procession, regular jazz, great pubs, the river, the ridgeway, 10k race, sports clubs...what more do you want?

However most people are either elderly or young families. I wouldn't recommend it to the 20 something set!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now