Talk

Advanced search

moving to Wilts.

(5 Posts)
whimsy12 Wed 27-Aug-14 20:14:27

Sold - so need to get a wiggle on... Few places in our top 5. Is Pewsey ok? Know it has station and shops etc...but anyone know about any red flags that should make us think twice? Also Broad Hinton (nearer Swindon) - is it middle of nowhere? Thx for any intel!

MushroomTree Tue 16-Sep-14 14:25:35

Watching with interest as I'm also moving to that sort of area.

We're viewing a house in Pewsey tomorrow. It seems like a nice place although from what I can gather you'll be lucky to get a place with parking if you're looking at houses near the high street.

I've driven through Broad Hinton and it is rather rural. There do seem to be buses if you don't drive but how useful they are I wouldn't know.

whimsy12 Tue 16-Sep-14 15:07:00

good luck with your viewing. we've gone off BH for the reasons you set out. But still keen on Pewsey. Throw into the mix though that our "buyer" has gone all quiet so
it could be a while before we find ourselves in sunny Wilts. Driven mad by this whole selling/buying houses thing. Hope your move goes smoothly & thx v much for taking time out to reply to my wail.

MushroomTree Tue 16-Sep-14 16:05:50

I know what you mean about being driven mad!

DP is a local (Marlborough), with a job and accommodation, so he's very calm about the whole thing but I'm the one that's trying to get a new job and relocate myself, two kittens, and a horse all at the same time.

Stressed doesn't quite cover it!

Nobloomingideapgornot Wed 19-Nov-14 11:08:09

We are currently looking at two properties, one in market lavington and one in upavon.
Thinking of the school in west lavington for my son age 6
Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom to help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now