Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

birthday gift for dh

(8 Posts)
Pomi Wed 17-Aug-05 14:02:02

What did you give him for his birthday?

shhhh Wed 17-Aug-05 14:08:33

This year on his birthday we were expecting our dd (I was 38 weeks preg) who was born 2 weeks after dh birthday. For his birthday I arranged for him to meet a player from his fave footie team. We had a meal at the stadium before hand,met the player, had pixs taken, watched the match and had drinks after the match.
Next year it's his 30th and I am very pleased with what I have planned.. He hates surprises but this is one he will have to wait for .I know he will love it though and will be so proud of me..Being a sahm it's hard doing surprises esp ones that cost as although I can spend what I want from joint I don't really want him seeing what and where I have spent the money for his pressie iykwim.....I like to surprise him with things.
Sorry I can't say on mn as he does view this site from time to time!!! Mums the word

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 14:09:11

i can't even remember what i gave dp!

Pomi Wed 17-Aug-05 14:21:51

shhh you really make an effort. I do nothing as he always forgets mine so i take a revenge. This time i will do someting if any idea will inspire me.

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 14:24:52

my dp just doesn't care! he couldn't give a toss whether he gets anything. and hates buying for other people! bah humbug

Pomi Wed 17-Aug-05 14:28:53

ds always give me something and its always late when i or someone else remind him.

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 14:30:22

dp didn't even bother to get me sometihng for mothers day fro4m ds

shhhh Wed 17-Aug-05 15:13:49

Ahh sl what a shame . I love my own birthday and I love others birthdays. I love thinking of pressies to buy etc. DH always remembers mine and even remembered our 1st yr anniversary 4 weeks ago. But now dd is here think birthdays and anniversaries may be forgotten by dh...Hope not .
He does however hate his own birthday and would not be offended if I didn't get him anything but I couldn't do that.
In fact for valentines day this year I was still carrying dd but I still bought him a pressie from me & a seperate one from dd/bump...Mmmmm as I was pregnant for mothers day dh didn;t think of getting me a gift from the bump...I would have liked that...Oh well can't have it all.
Fathers day he got a "daddy cool" tshirt which was worn by dd who was about 6 weeks old.Bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now