Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Moving

(10 Posts)
curvybebe Mon 15-Aug-05 21:02:00

Myself, hubby and my 2 daughters are about to move 150 miles up North of the country. Although for my hubby he is returning to where he was brought up and all his family still live there, but for me i will be leaving all my friends and family behind. We are leaving Luton to move to Retford to hopefully enjoy better way of living and to get back on the property ladder!! My daugters are 2 and 4 so i am hoping to make friends on the school runs. But i am very nervous of my move any suggestions on meeting new friends...?

Frizbe Mon 15-Aug-05 21:04:01

Come to one of the Notts/Derby meet ups! I know Doncaster is a bit nearer you, but people tend to pop down for these, also Sheffield Spa do's too (although I have yet to make one!)
Good luck with your move, hopefully its not too much of a culture shock, as the pace tends to be a bit slower up here!

curvybebe Mon 15-Aug-05 21:16:50

Thanx Frizbe, how do i find out about theses meet ups?

milesysgirl Tue 16-Aug-05 09:37:02

hi curvy just thoughjt id bump this for you xxx

purpleturtle Tue 16-Aug-05 09:39:16

Check the meet-ups topic, and pick out anything that looks close enough for you to get there!

curvybebe Tue 16-Aug-05 11:22:05

Thanx Purpleturtle just had a look

curvybebe Tue 16-Aug-05 11:22:58

Thanx Milesy looks like i could get addiced to this site too...!!

Frizbe Tue 16-Aug-05 11:24:03

when do you move?

curvybebe Tue 16-Aug-05 16:57:12

Not for another 6+ weeks yet

Hulababy Tue 16-Aug-05 20:39:57

Hi

I am in Sheffield. We have a fair few meets, with and without children, round this area. You'll be very welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now