Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do your kids get on?

(13 Posts)
charliecat Wed 10-Aug-05 18:38:38

Usually my dds age 4 and 7 play together really nicely with 1 big barney a day to clear the air.
Today dd2 is ill and dd1 is VERY bored without dd2s company she will not admit to missing her playmate!

peaceandlight Wed 10-Aug-05 18:40:34

badly is how mine get on
hope dd2 is soon on the mend

KBear Wed 10-Aug-05 18:42:18

Like a house on fire. Long may it last.

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 18:42:30

My 2 get on very well. Ds is 7 and a half and dd is 6 and they play nicely together!

cod Wed 10-Aug-05 18:50:33

Message withdrawn

katierocket Wed 10-Aug-05 19:03:02

don't all siblings pretty much get on before about 10 years old? It's when you hit teenage years that it all kicks off.

MarsLady Wed 10-Aug-05 19:06:56

I was going to say, like a house on fire, slowly destroying one another lol

Mostly, fine. But when it's not fine I hide and try not to get involved unless they draw blood!

Tortington Wed 10-Aug-05 19:43:06

mine get on amazingly well - they hate each other and love each other its a perfect bro sis relationship. my youngest lad looks up to my oldest in admiration of his biggerness. and my girl is a girl so she has flees and must be avoided at all costs unless she has the remotecontrol

MaloryTowers Wed 10-Aug-05 19:45:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fostermum Wed 10-Aug-05 21:20:04

mine had a two on one side against the other which swopped around daily so you could never tell who was getting on with who

gingernut Wed 10-Aug-05 21:41:45

Mine are 3.5 and 8 months so I'm not sure yet, although it's clear that ds2 absolutely adores his brother (so sweet ).

BUT, my sister and I (2 years apart) fought like cat and dog UNTIL we were in our teens so the opposite to what katierocket has observed.

crazydazy Wed 10-Aug-05 21:45:25

Mine don't get on in the house but when we go out if somebody upsets DD (5) then DD (3) will furiously protect her which is very sweet!!

Posey Wed 10-Aug-05 21:49:36

I have a dd who's 8 and a ds of 2.5 and they get on fabulously. Ds thinks the sun shines out of every pore of dd and she loves that
She is really good at playing with him, lots of imaginative play and even lets him play with her "precious" stuff.
He will really miss her when she's back at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now