Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My niece doen't like me!! :(

(15 Posts)
sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:44:17

My younger sister was at work today and my mum asked me if I could watch my niece for an hour and half while she went somewhere (normally mum and dad have her) I said yes, and the whole time she was here she screamed for 'nanny' She was sobbing and gasping as she was so upset. I tried cuddling her and comforting her, ignoring her and she ust screamed. DH managed to get her to calm down in the end, felt useless

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 21:45:15

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they came round here after, she did the same to me. dad says she doesnt mixc with many other children and doesnt see us much so what do we expect lol.

i think she thinks she is too good for us

giraffeski Mon 04-Jul-05 21:45:37

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Mon 04-Jul-05 21:45:46

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:46:37

but she goes to nursery now.... DD2 wasn't even here so we gave her lots of attention.....

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:47:16

it wasn't just crying though, it was screaming

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:47:50

that sounds rude, I'm not calling her IT I meant the crying she was doing.......

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 21:48:14

dad says she has gotton worse since being at nursery.

she has always been like it. am glad mine arent.

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:49:41

Me too, Dad looked after my youngest one once and she cried for about 20 minutes then shut up...... Now I can leave her at preschool and with people, as long as I give her a kiss and cuddle,

Tommy Mon 04-Jul-05 21:54:21

sorry if I'm butting in on a family discussion here ()but my nephew doesn't like my DS (his cousin obviously) and cries whenever he has to come here to be looked after!

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 21:58:33

Make you feel terrible doesn't it tommy......

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 21:59:52

i just ignore her now, tellher she can join i nwith my 2 and leave it at that. they were all in the sand pit earlier having fun.

as l;ong as i didnt look her in the eye she didnt scream lol.

Tommy Mon 04-Jul-05 22:02:35

no - I think he's a wuss and they both play up to it - my DS knows that nephew will get upset if he goads him, nephew knows DS will get told off if he says he pushed him or something. All very dull and since there are only a few months between them, ecveryone expects them to get on!

sparklymieow Mon 04-Jul-05 22:04:34

I think if Dd2 had been here she would have played with her, but all she wanted was 'nanneeeeeeee' She needs a sibling!!!!!!

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 22:05:24

'she needs a smack bottom'

yes she needs a sibling. shall we tell L we think that lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now