Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My date!

(19 Posts)
AnnaInManchester Mon 04-Jul-05 11:44:19

Well, I went on my date last night. After trying on all of my wardrobe I wore a white kaftan and black trousers.

He was on time and looked very smart in a shirt and smart jeans! He took me to a bar and insisted he pay for all the drinks so I had a barcadi and coke (forgetting it might interfere with my medication - ooops!) and then cola afterwards. The conversation flowed and we had many laughs, but he was very forward with the kisses and sticking his tongue down my throat - euuurgh! Just before the date ended conversation turned to sex and he was asking if I liked it and did I prefer a man performing oral and receiving it which really put me off, so i'm not sure if I will be seeing him again!

ggglimpopo Mon 04-Jul-05 11:46:03

Message withdrawn

AnnaInManchester Mon 04-Jul-05 11:50:05

Looool, yea, I think he is! Just answer me this - is sex all men really want?!?!

Frizbe Mon 04-Jul-05 12:04:04

I think the initial answer is yes, and it usually develops from there! although he was rather keen in the 1st place, following you all that way, see if he calls again?

snafu Mon 04-Jul-05 12:15:19

Oh yuck. Sorry but he sounds awful!

AnnaInManchester Mon 04-Jul-05 12:53:43

I'm just so sick of guys wanting sex!!! I know it comes naturally in a relationship but it should come with time! I wasn't particularly dressed procatively neither - just dressy cotton black trousers and a white indian style kaftan!

saadia Mon 04-Jul-05 13:28:21

Sorry to say this but he sounds a bit creepy. Was this the guy that followed you on the bus?

AnotherHelen Mon 04-Jul-05 14:38:18

Annainmanchester - i have been on dates like this and they ALL turn out to be freaks! lol!!! he sounds really full on and creepy and i would avoid him like the plague! he should have been polite and friendly and a little flirty maybe, but that sort of talk should certainly wait a while - he sounds like he's just trying to get his little wicked way! eeeuuuggghhh!!!!! go with your gut instinct - always!! if he seemed like a creepy sex perv then he probably is!! some men are such shallow pigs! - sorry bit of a rant

Listmaker Mon 04-Jul-05 15:12:05

Yes I think he sounds a bit weird - too keen, too quickly usually means a nutter or only after one thing!

I met a few like this and had given up entirely really but put myself on a dating site for some reason (no idea why because I was so disillusioned with the whole thing!) and met a really lovely man who was too shy to even kiss me for ages!! We've been together 9 months now and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me (apart from my dds).

Find someone better Anna!!

emily05 Mon 04-Jul-05 15:25:57

That would put me off, not a gentleman at all (he should have waited at least until the 2nd date ) that would put me off

Fio2 Mon 04-Jul-05 15:31:42

LOL ggglimpopo

I would refrain, that is too much on a first date tbh

HappyDaddy Tue 05-Jul-05 10:32:03

His mum probably told him what to say. God, I'd be mortified if that was all I could think of to talk about.

AnnaInManchester Tue 05-Jul-05 10:37:50

Lol, I do prefer more intelligent conversation than 'do you prefer to receive oral or give it' (rolling eyes - type smiley)

sheepgomeep Tue 05-Jul-05 11:41:03

Ive been on dates like this too quite recently. I'm beginning to believe there is no nice men out there anymore. They all want to jump your bones as soon as you look at them. It's pathetic

HappyDaddy Tue 05-Jul-05 12:28:54

I think the problem is that often single men are single for a very good reason. All the best ones are married already!

biglips Tue 05-Jul-05 12:32:15

arrgghhh - i would run a mile , as i remember years ago, this lad used to fancy me and was asking me for a date and he never gave up till i said yes... straight away he said "oh i love alot of sex" i just cringed there and then and never saw him again as i avoided him..!

biglips Tue 05-Jul-05 12:32:49

and the gay ones too happydaddy

AnnaInManchester Tue 05-Jul-05 12:41:52

Yea....gay like Kemal BB

Bugsy2 Tue 05-Jul-05 16:19:49

AIM, I went on loads of internet dates last year and the majority of the guys I met, had a very specific agenda!!!! Two of them got their knobs out in public bars - they were so desperate!!
However, don't lose heart as there are some decent men out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now