Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Who should pay?

(17 Posts)
AnnaInManchester Sat 02-Jul-05 21:43:28

As you may know from my previous post today I am going on a date tomorrow for a meal but who should pay? Me or him or both of us? He asked me out on the date.

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 21:44:09

if he asked you, then he should.

eriksatie Sat 02-Jul-05 21:44:34

he should if he asked you but offer to pay 50:50, he will probably refuse, but it is nice to offer.

gigglinggoblin Sat 02-Jul-05 21:46:28

a lady always offers, a gentleman always refuses (refuses to let her pay, not a gentleman refuses to pay for himself!). of course, then you have to have the money on you to pay for yourself. have a nice time

AnnaInManchester Sat 02-Jul-05 21:52:12

thank you. he is taking me to an iranian restaurant. i am really excited but dont even know what i should wear. I'm thinking of wearing smart black trousers with this top and heels but dont want to look OTT for a nice quiet meal. Ooooh, i'm all nervous!!!

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 21:53:02

Message withdrawn

AnnaInManchester Sat 02-Jul-05 21:53:58

eeeeewww, my link never work to that website!!! I will show you all later!!!

Libb Sat 02-Jul-05 21:54:21

the jimjam set?! might be a bit forward for a date?!

giraffeski Sat 02-Jul-05 21:55:32

Message withdrawn

AnnaInManchester Sat 02-Jul-05 21:58:23

Oh here it is - I hope my top

AnnaInManchester Sat 02-Jul-05 21:59:59

Check out my dog, Pip too!

octavia Sat 02-Jul-05 23:29:43

what a gorgeous top, have a lovely time

JustThinking Sun 03-Jul-05 00:00:19

Message withdrawn

Tortington Sun 03-Jul-05 00:40:10

i was talking to my son about this very thing the other week. i told him that he should always offer to pay for the whole meal, but a girl who has class will offer to pay half.

i plan to tell my daughter to insist on paying half for everything becuase she may find that by not paying for half of the pizzahut meal she will be expected to put out for the boy. and she is worth more than half a pizza.

always offer to pay half - then your not obliged to give him a snog if he turns out to be a terminal bore.

always pay half cos is more classy.

however if you want to be a trampy slut and fancy getting laid - make sure its expensive and forget your purse!

AnnaInManchester Sun 03-Jul-05 10:10:38

Thanks for all your replies! Will I have enough with 30 pound do u think? I'm all nervous!!!

Tortington Tue 05-Jul-05 10:07:37

how did it go?

AnnaInManchester Tue 05-Jul-05 10:13:16

Hi Custardo...I made a seperate post regarding the date under the relationships topics! Its called 'My Date' I think!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: