Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What should I do about him?

(11 Posts)
HuddersfieldHottie Fri 24-Jun-05 14:20:39

I have this friend who I like soooo much. He is a fantastic guy - good looks, wonderful personality and a good job that he works very hard at and he has just broken up with his girlfriend!!!

He has told me he likes me before and we have both said that if we had not been in a relationship with someone else something could have happened between us! I dunno if he still feels that way but how can I have him for myself? This guy is the most wonderful I know and I worship the ground he walks on.

collision Fri 24-Jun-05 14:40:07

Send him a text and ask him out for a drink!

collision Fri 24-Jun-05 14:41:10

It might be a bit too soon for a relationship for him but at least you could see him and see if there is any chemistry

HuddersfieldHottie Fri 24-Jun-05 17:13:44

Thanks for your reply collision. I will wait til I next see him and see for real if there is any chemistry. Fingers crossed!

prettyfly1 Fri 24-Jun-05 18:20:47

oh bless. why dont you try to build a friendship with him whilst he gets over his ex and then take it from there. sounds like you care about him very much and any man would be lucky to have a woman who thinks that much of him!!! good luck

HappyHuggy Fri 24-Jun-05 18:28:12

is this the same one as the other thread?

the one that wants you to get a job?

[confused emotion]

HuddersfieldHottie Fri 24-Jun-05 18:28:18

thanks pretty fly - he is a truly wonderful guy. He always thinks about others before himself and when we're together he always makes sure I'm not bored or thirsty or hungry or uncomfortable and always makes sure I get home safely after we've seen each other. Ive known him for 4 years now and we've both been in relationships throughout this time, but always discussed what if we were both single and both agreed that we would have been together by now, although I'm not sure if he feels the same as he did back then. I really do like this guy. He's everything and more that I look for. He is the only guy I would take a real interest in at the moment as all other guys I couldnt give 2 poo's about.

HuddersfieldHottie Fri 24-Jun-05 18:29:28

Lol, no he's not. This is about my friend who I DO want. The other guy I went on a date yesterday with but couldnt give a toss if I dont see him again. I would DIE if I never saw this friend of mine again.

HappyDaddy Mon 27-Jun-05 08:02:21

Do you think it will ruin the friendship, if you have a relationship? Personally, I'd stay with the friendship and see if something develops naturally.

You sound a bit man hungry at the moment!

Hello, by the way...

outofmydeppth Mon 27-Jun-05 14:23:13

Hi hh, I would go for it and get together for a "no strings" date (so as not to scare him off!). Wish you the best of luck!

saadia Mon 27-Jun-05 15:32:40

HH I wouldn't say anything just yet but arrange to meet up on the pretext of helping him get over his girlfriend, just say that if he wants to talk about it etc then you're there to listen, and then see what happens.

The reason I advise caution is that in the past I have advised friends to reveal their feelings to platonic friends who, it turned out, didn't feel the same way and it ruined the friendship.

Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now