Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

question for you

(24 Posts)
pleaserewind Thu 23-Jun-05 21:34:43

does your husband or partner go out of the house without telling you he's going and does he go to bed without saying goodnight?

sorry, you probably think i'm barking

mummycan Thu 23-Jun-05 21:35:15

No

oatcake Thu 23-Jun-05 21:35:46

no, and no I don't think you're barking.

does this happen to you??????

charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 21:35:46

no

MistressMary Thu 23-Jun-05 21:36:42

Funnily enough that sounds just like my Dad with Mums relationship.
My other half does say if he goes out and say "I'm off to bed now."

pleaserewind Thu 23-Jun-05 21:37:06

yup
not all the time but moody is his middle name!

starlover Thu 23-Jun-05 21:52:16

he doesn't often go out without telling me. but i wouldn't mind if he did i don't think

we hardly ever say goodnight to each other!!!

stitch Thu 23-Jun-05 21:53:54

yes, and drives me bonkers

Magscat Thu 23-Jun-05 21:55:46

No, never. But my best mate's dh does it all the time. She has learnt to accept that it's just his way and it doesn't mean there's a problem. He regularly goes through 'non communication' phases but ten they have really good talks in between

Nightynight Thu 23-Jun-05 23:29:29

Yes, no and no.

assumedname Thu 23-Jun-05 23:30:27

No, never.

moondog Thu 23-Jun-05 23:31:46

No.If he did,I would find it most odd.

jennifersofia Thu 23-Jun-05 23:32:11

Nope.

serenity Thu 23-Jun-05 23:35:18

No he doesn't leave the house without saying where he's going (unless it's to take the bins out!) and he'll say goodnight if we go to bed at different times. I'd be pretty p'ed off if he did - I wouldn't do it to him. Neither of us would make arrangements to go out without checking with the other first anyway.

I don't think you are barking btw!

lou33 Thu 23-Jun-05 23:57:34

sometimes if he is in a mood, but not on the whole

QueenOfQuotes Thu 23-Jun-05 23:58:33

no - unless we've had a row and I'm refusing to b*gger off and leave him alone

no - always says goodnight and gives me a kiss

kama Thu 23-Jun-05 23:58:35

Message withdrawn

Pixiefish Fri 24-Jun-05 00:15:05

no

fatmomma Fri 24-Jun-05 00:22:49

No, very rarely, and no I don't think you are barking!

DH is very even tempered so if he left the house without telling me I would be very very worried.

If he is a bit moody perhaps he just does it to avoid confrontation??

redsky Fri 24-Jun-05 01:00:03

yes - and he can't understand that I have a problem with it. I've tried doing the same to him but he never notices that I've been out and thinks it quite normal to go to bed without saying goodnight. Ds was definitely on the autistic spectrum as a child but seems to have 'outgrown' most of his oddities but I strongly suspect dh has similar difficulties - I've mostly learned to tolerate his 'quirks' over the 24 years we have been married.

fairyfly Fri 24-Jun-05 01:03:59

i think people should have the freedom to do that, we are all humans, sometimes i want to walk away with no explanation, i rarely do, but when i do i feel guilty, a bit like a husband, we are all free spirits, let them be happy

tigermoth Fri 24-Jun-05 07:24:04

....let them be happy If he's had a pig of a day I don't expect a goodnight. Sometimes dh just needs to chill by himself, and it's best to leave him totally alone.

For practical reasons, I like to know if he's going out, but as he carries mobile he's contactable anyway.

fostermum Fri 24-Jun-05 07:26:14

always!

ninah Fri 24-Jun-05 09:50:11

If we've had a row. He is much more prone to this than I am, I can't help feeling it is rude and I just can't bring myself to
He stays out without having said, or a 'couple of hours' turns into closing time which I find v irritating
He is not lovey-dovey but we do love each other

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: