Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sorry really need to vent before i go mad!!

(10 Posts)
MINNIE1 Tue 21-Jun-05 10:41:38

IN LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know boring but i need to get this of my chest.

I found out 3 days ago that my SIL was having her hen night and didnt invite me or three other ILs.

If i dont call to them there mad with me but yet not one of them have called to see us!!

All smiles to you face and talk behind your back!!

One of there sons girlfriend went along to his daughters party, she was left out of all the photos! Quote "she is only a tramp" that was from his mum!! Now i find her quiet nice and both of them are happy.

I am now 12 weeks pregnant with SIL wedding coming up and i know they wont be happy that i am pregnant and will say somthing and i will explode if thay do. I am dreading the next couple of weeks!!

Am i going mad or are my hormones doing this!!?

mogwai Tue 21-Jun-05 11:27:03

I don't know - why won't they be happy that you are pg? It's none of their business.

I didn't invite my SIL to my hen night - it was all my friends, not family, I would have felt compelled to entertain her, felt it just wouldn't be the right mix. Then again I don't know her that well.

MAybe she wasn't left out of the photo on purpose? Stuff like that can happen innocently.

I don't think you should get wound up about this stuff, chill out, your baby needs you to stay happy!

MINNIE1 Tue 21-Jun-05 14:23:24

More then likly i will be told to keep it quiet until wedding is over. It would suit them.
The photo thing was on purpose as they dont like her, she has a passed and is "only trouble" to them.
In fairness i thought she could have at least asked if i would have liked to go, i know i would have.
Its hard not to get wound up when its in your face all the time, it makes me really appricate my own family.

annabelle21 Tue 21-Jun-05 14:47:04

They sound like a complete nightmare Minnie! It really is none of their business if you're pregnant darling, u have to look after yourself and the baby - no one else so just try and ignore them as much as possible until the day of the wedding and then after the wedding too and remember that they don't really matter at the end of the day - just you and unborn baby and DH/DP does.

gigglinggoblin Tue 21-Jun-05 14:49:25

of course being pg is a very good excuse for being 'ill' on the day of the wedding if you dont want to face them

MINNIE1 Tue 21-Jun-05 14:59:18

I have put all this to one side for so long that it has just built up on me and needed to get it of my chest. I will smile and say nothing as i wouldnt please them. Its true my unborn is way more important then them.
There hurtfull and not worth the worrie.

MINNIE1 Tue 21-Jun-05 15:02:24

gigglinggoblin,
Not a bad idea, but they would that would only give them more fuel!! But there will be plenty of going to the pup b4 the wedding and i have a good excuse now not to go.
O i just wish it was all over really.

ninah Tue 21-Jun-05 15:16:02

minnie, don't get wound up! you dh and baby are the most important. Just be happy and let the rest of the world float by!

MINNIE1 Tue 21-Jun-05 16:11:49

Going home to see my mum and she is making dinner for me.. what would i do without her. At least i can chill there and she is a great listner and never judges not like the rest (ILs) that have there heads so far up there ar$es.
Hoping tomor all this will seem like nothing but its just bugging me..

ninah Tue 21-Jun-05 16:13:13

have a nice evening then Minnie
I miss my mum lots, they are the best for talking it over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now