Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

From your point of view as a woman, what makes you think/feel you are good in bed ?

(19 Posts)
DEPECHEMODEFAN Sun 08-Nov-09 18:01:49

Message withdrawn

Malificence Sun 08-Nov-09 18:28:02

I'd like to think that I am, but dh has no-one to compare me with, we've only ever been with each other. I don't think I'd be happy with just OK though, I do make an effort in bed and after 27 years together I hope I know what he likes and how he likes it!

I know I enjoy sex much more now than when I was younger, I'm obviously a late bloomer.
You're never too old to learn new tricks either. wink

teameric Sun 08-Nov-09 18:41:35

My DH doesn't seem to have any complaints wink except maybe that he wants it more often (we average about 3 times a week) but I say quality over quantity.
To ensure total success? blowjobs. everytime. at least for my DH grin

ByTheSea Sun 08-Nov-09 18:45:11

DH and others have told me. I am naturally very responsive and like to have fun.

sarah293 Sun 08-Nov-09 18:46:04

Message withdrawn

Malificence Sun 08-Nov-09 19:03:33

Only the one Riven, surely not?

I like to give a choicewink.

thelunar66 Sun 08-Nov-09 19:06:22

LOL at Riven's hole grin

thelunar66 Sun 08-Nov-09 19:07:19

I am not actually laughing at Riven's hole you understand.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 08-Nov-09 19:07:23

talking about "being good in bed" makes it seem like some sort of competition or judgement.
For me, sex is about the enjoyment of each other.

sarah293 Sun 08-Nov-09 19:12:11

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Sun 08-Nov-09 19:12:31

Message withdrawn

Ronaldinhio Sun 08-Nov-09 19:15:16

ffs as long as you enjoy yourself and you are open and communicate then there is no problem
stop worrying over pointless things worry about important things
(like xfactor)

CommeMoi Sun 08-Nov-09 19:16:42

I've never asked anyone the question. I think there probably has to be a certain amount of compatibility, for want of a better word, which means you and your partner might be more satisfied with each other than you would be with someone else.

OrmIrian Sun 08-Nov-09 20:08:12

Agree with chasing.

Don't give a fuck TBH (pun intended) as long as we both have a good time.

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 08-Nov-09 20:15:51

What makes someone good in bed, imo, is being able to try anything once grin

BlueFlotsam Sun 08-Nov-09 20:18:16

Oh I am sure I am... my OH is always 'ready willing and able'...no kidding!

Sadly... I need to find someone who makes me feel 'ready willing and able!'
wow isnt that an awful thing to say... but..

cyteen Sun 08-Nov-09 20:22:53

Well, I'm always myself when having a shag; I don't have any hang-ups about my body; I like to give pleasure, have fun and don't take it too seriously; I'm sometimes a bit too happy to make noise. If I am good in bed, it's probably those things that make me so. Don't really care either way though, sex is all about having a good time, not putting on a performance.

AbricotsSecs Sun 08-Nov-09 20:25:08

Message withdrawn

Cariadon Sun 08-Nov-09 21:28:05

Only when enjoying myself do I feel I am any good. To enjoy myself I just need to feel happy and secure in the relationship and "up for it" which I think quite often is hormonally related?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now