Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why does your DH love you and what do you think of my DH's reasons?

(23 Posts)
isthatall Sun 08-Nov-09 17:22:05

Dh is always saying he loves me, but it sometimes seems that he says it out of habit, rather than it having any really meaning itswim.

So, I asked him why he loves me- what it is about me that he loves?

I got, I'm a good cook and I've made a lovely home sad

When I expressed some disappointment he added "you're good in bed"

He could pay for all those things grin

Slambang Sun 08-Nov-09 17:23:54

for a bloke that's what counts, isn't t? wink

ByTheSea Sun 08-Nov-09 17:30:37

I think your DH's reasons aren't too bad. I just asked my DH the question, and he answered

'your specs (specifications)'

When we met, I was an analyst and he was a programmer on a large IT project. I wrote the specs and apparently that's what he fell in love with. FWIW, I'm also a good cook and like to think I'm good in bed but that wasn't the answer. hmm

norksinmywaistband Sun 08-Nov-09 17:32:33

he loves you, thats enough

Fabster Sun 08-Nov-09 17:32:48

I think you are being a bit precious tbh.

If he said because you were a good shag you wouldn't have liked it.

I just asked mine and he said "because I am the best wife in the world."

AMumInScotland Sun 08-Nov-09 17:34:14

He loves you. He's only giving those as reasons because you pushed him - he loves you because you're you, and you're the person he loves.

BEAUTlFUL Sun 08-Nov-09 17:36:57

It's always awful when you ask them why! I used to get, "Because you're a good laugh and a great f**k." Quelle Hallmark.

At least he didn't say, "Because you put up with me." That is the most loveless reason in the world.

me23 Sun 08-Nov-09 17:39:17

Your Dh sounds rather old fashioned! Are you happy in the relationship is it equal? Was he being tongue in cheek at all?
I just asked my dp he replied 'becausse I do' when probed further he said 'because you're amazing''

ABetaDad Sun 08-Nov-09 17:54:09

If DW asked me straight out as a surprise question like that I really would not have a clue what to say. Probably would say something quite lame like 'because you are you'.

I just love her and have from the moment I met her. She really does not believe me at all when I say that, even after 25 years, but really that is all I can say.

Don't over analyse it. The important question is do you feel loved and in love with him?

If so then that is all that matters.

diddl Sun 08-Nov-09 17:56:21

"I complete him".

But I agree with ABetaDad.

The whys don´t matter, just that he does.

he loves you, thats what matters. I couldnt list the reasons why I love my DH, because it isnt just one or two things its everything.

Chickenshavenolips Sun 08-Nov-09 17:58:50

If I ask my DH this question, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights, then begins looking for the nearest exit grin It's one of those loaded questions, where every answer is a pit fall. A bit like 'Is X pretty?'.....

TheMightyMarge Sun 08-Nov-09 17:59:42

My husband (who was moved from country to country throughout his childhood, was pretty restless and didn't feel like he belonged anywhere) that when he met me/ fell in love with me he had found "home"- that I was where he belonged. I think that is SO sweet and romantic, but if he asked me - seriously, I couldn't give a good one-liner. I just love him because he is HIM. I'd probably say something like "because you clean and cook a lot, will always pop out for a bottle of wine if I want one, are smart and don't like football" - hahahahha.
Ho-hum, my point is, not everyone has an articulate answer for a question like that.

brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 18:01:50

becasue I have big titshmm

your dh is a normal bloke-don't expect the perfect answer

boolifooli Sun 08-Nov-09 18:03:02

Men don't analyse why they feel what they do, they will just come up with what they think you want to hear when pressed.

MamiBabi Sun 08-Nov-09 18:17:42

I was once in a pub and a somewhat inebriated wife was asking her equally drunk husband if he still loved her. He said that he did but she asked him to elaborate, because apparently he never showed it. He responded 'Of course I loves you, I fucks you and I buys you chips.'

Malificence Sun 08-Nov-09 18:19:48

I don't care why my husband loves me, it's enough to know that he does and always will.
I don't completely know why I love him, it's too complex, so many pieces of the jigsaw.

It really doesn't matter why, only how.wink (and how oftengrin).

isthatall Sun 08-Nov-09 19:04:11

I don't know. I asked the question during a heart to heart about our relationship He'd let me down over something (not a major crime, but something he knew would hurt me) and kept insisting that he loved me, but I sometimes feel its just something he's in the habit of saying,rather than something he really means.

I guess I was hoping for something that was about me being me, rather than the stuff I do for him iyswim.

Loosingmymind Sun 08-Nov-09 19:09:05

Just asked my DH and he said "Do I have to answer?" He then made some hmmm noises and said "I duno, theres loads of reasons".

Your DH just sounds like a normal bloke IMO wink

deaconblue Sun 08-Nov-09 21:13:27

don't fish for compliments, is pointless and always ends in disappointment

ADifferentMe Mon 09-Nov-09 13:09:48

MamiBabi I've just snorted overy my keyboard grin

Restrainedrabbit Mon 09-Nov-09 13:42:21

It sounds like there is more going on here than the usual fishing for compliments?

I asked my DH what attracted him to me - his answer? "nice tits and legs" hmm I guess I would have preferred a more deep response but hey never mind!

lighthouse Mon 09-Nov-09 14:33:12

Men are not programmed to be sensitive, if thats all he does that is not serious then you are lucky, juding by some of the stories on here. What was it he did that hurt you?

Tell him how you felt by his comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now