Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

B***ocks. Do I say anything? I can't, can I?

(9 Posts)
SerendipitousHarlot Wed 04-Nov-09 18:00:32

I have a lovely friend at work. We're a small team of 5, I'm the only girl, and we're all really close. One of 'my boys' has been with a girl at work for 2 years now - I don't really know her, but the time I've spent with her on nights out, she spends most of the time with her tits out sitting on other blokes knees hmm

Hey, could be just flirting, none of my beeswax.

However.

There was a works night out last night, her department, not ours - due to having visiting members of staff here to do some training. And now I've been told that she took the visitor back to her house for the night, rather than him staying in the hotel.

What the fuck do I do? Nothing, I suppose. I can't, can I. And I sound like I'm being a gossiping nosy fucker, but I love my friend, and he doesn't deserve it.

Do I just keep quiet then?

allaboutme Wed 04-Nov-09 18:03:30

If you've heard, then he will hear I am sure

Uriel Wed 04-Nov-09 18:04:05

No, you can't.

They might have an open relationship.

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 04-Nov-09 18:06:06

They most definitely do not have an open relationship!

I know I can't say anything really. I'm just musing. I'm really annoyed. He's lovely.

CarGirl Wed 04-Nov-09 18:08:27

Can you do the quiet word thing of "I heard a rumour" because everyone is going to be talking about it aren't they?

CarGirl Wed 04-Nov-09 18:08:50

Speak to her and say you tell him or I will?

Uriel Wed 04-Nov-09 18:09:15

Doesn't your friend ever go on the nights out as well, so he sees what she's up to?

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 04-Nov-09 18:11:01

I might do that cargirl

It could all be completely innocent of course. I might be really misjudging her. But I don't think I am.

He's oblivious to rumours. Well, oblivious to most things really, he's that laid back, he wouldn't notice if she had a post-it note on her forehead saying I'M CHEATING grin

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 04-Nov-09 18:12:34

He does, Uriel. And maybe he doesn't mind her flirting. Or maybe by that point of the night, he's too drunk to notice, or something.

Thing is, there's a massive difference between having a good flirt and getting up to summat properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now