Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my Partner has left suddenly

(5 Posts)
michelle12 Wed 04-Nov-09 14:32:40

My partner of one year, I have two children froma previous marraige and I had a row on saturday.

He sufferes from depression and anxiety and I love and support him dearly. We have had a couple of rows close together over money etc and he asked me if I wanted him to leave I said yes in a huff, but straight away told him its not what I want.

Hes been at his brothers since then and barely talking to me - just keeps saying he doesnt think its going to work longterm. But up until now he wanted ny daughters to call him daddy etc.

He came back last night and I tried to talk to him, I feel like he still wants me, and he says he still loves me but love isnt enough - I think the opposite! He took some more clothes, not many but I said why are you taking all that, and he said its only for a few days.

I asked him if it was really a break up or if he needed space

he said he needs time to think about it and that I am not giving him time

I am devasted I have not contacted him at all today that has taken every inch of me not too

Anifrangapani Wed 04-Nov-09 17:16:34

My dh left me while he was depressed ( 1st time) and yes sometimes space is what is needed. Doesn't make it any easier though. sad

GypsyMoth Wed 04-Nov-09 17:23:56

Has the doctor actually diagnosed his depression......and he's been prescribed meds?

colditz Wed 04-Nov-09 17:26:51

Oh sweetheart sad

michelle12 Wed 04-Nov-09 19:48:03

yes hes on meds and has CBT each week, Im the one that got all that sorted for him.

What is space? I really dont nderstand. he hasnt taken much stuff even though he came back last night to get more.

i wish I knew what to do its so hard not contacting him - everytime I think of something I want to tell him.

This all seems so absurd.

You say space is whats needed, what was your outcome?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now