Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pre baby affair

(8 Posts)
dotty2009 Tue 27-Oct-09 21:40:24

I'm sure there are many of us you have had to face this. My partner had a pre baby affair and left me 8 weeks before our son was born. He had contacted an x and tried so very hard to cover up his lies. Gave him another and another chance our son is now 6 months old, he is the most wonderful little man. How stupid was i, how do i start to get over this? Will i be able to move on? I have tried so hard to forgive and now i have to deal with the interfearence of his mother, by seeking advice from the family solicitor!!

eyetunes Tue 27-Oct-09 21:42:42

am a bit confused. have you split up? Why do you have to use his mothers family solicior? Can you not get your own independen one?

lambypoo Tue 27-Oct-09 21:42:55

Are you still with him?

dotty2009 Tue 27-Oct-09 21:46:19

oh no, we have split, we are not married. They have money i don't. At the moment i don't see the need to see a solicitor. They can carry on wasting there money. He comes to see his son 2 evenings a week.

mmrred Tue 27-Oct-09 21:54:42

Is he happy with the amount of time he has with your DS? If he is, then you can safely ignore MIL, I think. If he isn't, then you can't really blame the family for finding out what the legal position is.

Although clearly a knob, he is the father and you need to find some way forward - what about mediation?

SqueezyCheesyCock Tue 27-Oct-09 23:22:11

Sorry you're going thru this, the last thing you need is a third party getting their tuppence in.

It is none of his mothers business. Ignore her and deal only with him as and when you need to.

If I were you I'd try and get some legal advice though, you need to be informed of how you stand.

EcoMouse Tue 27-Oct-09 23:26:54

least, that's how I read it). Therin lies your need to see a solicitor of your own- let them deal with inlaws and any agro, it's what they're paid for smile

You will get over this, you already moving on in a sense. It's an awful thing to experience which is why I'd higly recommend letting a solicitor deal with the practicalities for you. Surely you've got more than enough to cope with in terms of recovery and motherhood too?!

EcoMouse Tue 27-Oct-09 23:28:05

Sorry, half a post! Don't know how that happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now