Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

ive been snooping around

(8 Posts)
asnoop Tue 27-Oct-09 16:57:47

i know i know i shouldnt have but i was being nosy and i logged into dh's facebook account and opened up the chat bubble of girls who he has worked with and he has been chatting them up a bit - nothing too bad but im upset but not really surprised we dont get on and its only a matter of time before we split
im a regualr but have name changed
he is also chatting to someone he used to know in a nother country - he lived with them when he was a student
20 yrs ago and he has invited her and her kids to our house for a week
a stranger in my house im so angry
i aslo found that he has offered to pay for her tickets which is just outrageous as we can barely afford to keep ourselves afloat.
i added her and had it out with her on facebook and she acted all innocent , i didnt let on what i had read and she is going to tell him .
should i say something before she does????

Martha1 Tue 27-Oct-09 17:01:01

OMG I'd be really upset to find what you found, but you shouldn't have contacted her!!! Definitely talk to your partner before he hears it from this other woman!

ZZZenAgain Tue 27-Oct-09 17:05:18

she said outright she will tell him you contacted her and asked her about it or you just assume she will?

Have either of you ever invited someone to stay at your home before without checking with the spouse first?

I think there is nothing really sinister in his contacting this woman he knew 20 years back, not sure how it came about but it is odd the whole thing.

TrillianSlasher Tue 27-Oct-09 17:06:50

Dosn't really sound like very good affair material - "I'll pay for you to come and visit my house with my wife and all our kids there"

DuelingFANGo Tue 27-Oct-09 17:08:31

Seems strange that he wouldn't discuss her coming over with you. Have you spoken to him about it, he seems to be the one in the wrong rather than her.

LaurieScaryCake Tue 27-Oct-09 17:15:43

why are you angry? Maybe he means after you've gone

sounds like you still have feelings for him and have something to work on?

ZZZenAgain Tue 27-Oct-09 18:52:46

don't think they have actually agreed to split, just not gettingo n great atm

Jujubean77 Tue 27-Oct-09 18:55:31

crikey you contacted her - but it could be perfectly innocent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now