Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thank you ballet class Mums!

(7 Posts)
loneparent Tue 27-Oct-09 08:50:32

On Mondays I take my DD to ballet classes. Since it is a bit of a trek it is not worth coming home and then going back so I sit at the back of the class with the Mums. It has never been an issue until this term. A new organiser took over three weeks ago and last night told me that some of the parents were uneasy about having a man in the room and could I find somewhere else to sit? shock

Stupidly perhaps I sat in reception until the orange and coffee break when I returned to the main room only to be told by the organiser that I shouldn't come in even for a drink. The Mums around me come to the rescue and verbally savaged this lady like I have never seen somebody savaged before!!

So I am back in the room and the organiser had to apologise in public. A big thank you then to the ballet class Mums. grin

dalek Tue 27-Oct-09 08:55:09

lovely story - see we're not all bad smile

itchyandscratchy Tue 27-Oct-09 08:55:57

hurrah for the other mums! Of course you should be able to watch your dd do her ballet.

So it was actually her that had a problem with it?

What a stupid mare. hmm
)

BudaBones Tue 27-Oct-09 09:01:10

OMG! Well done the mums and a huge thumbs down to the organiser.

But if the Mums you know hadn't complained who had? Or was it just the organiser?

Rindercella Tue 27-Oct-09 09:04:36

Unbelievable! Why the heck shouldn't you see your DD dance? What an incredibly stupid woman.

Very pleased to hear the other women saw sense smile

PandaG Tue 27-Oct-09 09:09:15

Glad you are back in the room. smile

I have a similar dilemma. We are in a ballet class run - we share the drive with 2 other families. DH sometimes does the driving, and takes the girls in to the changing room. YOu need to wait with the girls until the teacher takes them into the room.

I think that while all the girls are under 8 (the cutoff round here for going in the opposite sex changing room at swimming)this is ok. THe 3 families involved in our run are quite happy with DH taking them, but it would be inappropriate if older girls were in a previous or later class and changing.

pumpkinsoup Tue 27-Oct-09 16:55:58

What a ridiculous and very rude organiser! I'm not at all surprised the mums backed you up, though! About a third of the parents at our ballet are men - we even have a male childminder - I doubt it has crossed anybody's mind to ban them from watching thier children or waiting in the changing room like the rest of us, and I'm sure the rest of us would all have something to say about it if they did! Utterly Bonkers! I'm very sorry you felt like you had to wait out of the room though, you shouldn't ever have to accept that! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now