Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone had couple counselling?

(3 Posts)
npg1 Sun 25-Oct-09 20:32:03

Oh and I are not having a good time at the mo. There are alot of issues between us. He is very ambicious, works away in the week while I stay home and look after the kids. He thinks I do nothing all day and barely pays an interest in what I do. He always talks about himself, saying I dont do anything with my life which is why he doesnt ask me. I have now put up barriers and dont want to talk to him. He talks to me like im a piece of sh*t and I feel he has no respect for me.

I know this is only my side of the story and I have my own faults too. I dont ask him about his job and pay little interest in what he is doing, this is mainly because all I hear about is his job. I am also on Anti D's because I get quite down.

We spoke this afternoon and I told him lots of things about how I feel, why im off sex etc etc but im not sure he gets it. I have said I want us to see a counsellor but he doesnt want to.

We have now agreed to see one after xmas if things dont improve but I have explained to him that we both have to make a huge effort with each other. I would feel alot happier talking with a counsellor there as he wont be able to talk me down or talk over me then and maybe I would be able to get my points across but I worry where we would start and how emotional it would be.

Thanks for reading.

Poohbearsmom Sun 25-Oct-09 21:23:30

Sorry things r goin crap 4 ye... Im feelin a bit da same myself, i jus dont know how my boys will respect me when their dad doesnt most of the time, he really truely always thinks he's right& im not... The root of our problems (i think) is the fact i was quite young when we met & he was older & wiser bla bla bla, he really did teach me alot (i was a bit of a wild, stupid,nieve, clueless young1) but Im not now... Nd i cant go thru life a bloody student i hav to b considered an equal partner like, but I dono how to shake it outa him... it upsets me so much too cause these r supposed to b our other halfs right... Dono how to fix my own so wouldnt b any use to u but I really hope it works out for ya...

npg1 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:41:24

Hi, thanks for ur post. U sound just like me, we met when I was 17, h was older than me. I have grown up alot since then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now