Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

its over what happens next????

(5 Posts)
stillkissingfrogs Sun 25-Oct-09 01:05:23

dh had an affair with a close person to me, children were taken along on there little dates but have not figured out they were a couple although im gutted. i have understandably asked for a divorce and i want to keep house for kids sake, he however wants to fight for the equity. i cant afford to pay anymore on the mortgage so what happens usually, we have three cars he can have two of these at valued at 8K and he has an 8K loan in his name but we did get this to cover joint bills what happens next? and what way would this normally go?
i would be open to reduced maintenance if i need too. im not trying to fleece him just look after my children

Ivykaty44 Sun 25-Oct-09 01:14:05

You could ask to stay in the house until the children are 18 and he keeps a share

sell the family home and you ask for a 70-30 or 60-40 or 65 35 split and start agian in a smaller place

A court will not see him homless or without a "share" even if he wanted to give you everything the court would object

Unpersonle but take out any feeling of morals and who has been the dirty pond life in this
you will get through this and i hope you are ok ish?

stillkissingfrogs Sun 25-Oct-09 01:20:40

wwould it be declined even if he wasnt paying full maintenance or any at all for a capped period? soz to ask cant see my solicitor until monday

i just can believe all he is interested in is 50% and not about how the kids will feel and how i will survive with no cash angry scumbag

he has made them the talk of the school its so unfair

6feetundertheGroundhogs Sun 25-Oct-09 09:53:02

Hold on DH is the one that dips his wick elsewhere and he's trying to call the shots?

The CHEEK of him.

I understand why you have asked for a divorce, but it'd all down to you, you have to sue him for adultery.

Get him out of the house, saying anything you have to, and then do nothing. You don't HAVE to divorce him now, only when you are ready.

Perhaps if you stop all the legal talk etc in the meantime, things will cool down a little and perhaps he'll see that he can't go around shouting the odds when he was the one that broke it all in the first place.

Regain your moral highground and power. He screwed everything up, he should be begging your forgiveness not making immediate and unrasonable demands.

leftorright Sun 25-Oct-09 11:56:06

You can get a free half hour consultation with a local solicitor - ring round through the yellow pages to find one. I have just done this and found it very useful. They will very quickly summarise your financial position and give you a ball park figure and an idea of what happens next. Good luck, tough times ahead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: