Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

positions after childbirth

(6 Posts)
minnietheminx007 Mon 19-Oct-09 20:53:17

hi all, first of all i would just like to say blush
i hope some of you can advise on this rather sensitive subject, after having my first dc nearly 5 months ago certain positions have become quite uncomfortable, notably from behind, is this normal after babies and will it ever be on the cards again?

fandango75 Mon 19-Oct-09 21:38:13

oh hello back blush yes my ds is now 10 months and took until about 8 months for me too feel 'normal' downstairs again so to speak. was stitched etc so think it takes far longer to heal totally than any of the unhelpful rude old bat midwives tell you

Bigpants1 Mon 19-Oct-09 21:47:13

Hi, after having 6dc i can assure you all positions will be done again and swinging from the chandlier will once more be on the agenda!
If its only 5months since you gave birth, you will still be healing and be a little tender. Try positions that do not require deep penetration,(oh, god, i cant believe im writing this),like the missionary position, and make sure you are relaxed.
Be kind to yourself,and all will be well soon. Good Luck.

minnietheminx007 Mon 19-Oct-09 21:53:28

aww, thanks both for your replies, I was thinking I would have to kiss some goodbye! thank god for mn, I never would have been able to talk to anyone about this in rl!

ScaryFucker Mon 19-Oct-09 21:57:41

give yourself time and relax

I think it was a full 2 yrs until I felt back to "normal" in my body, for lots of reasons

err, <koff> I would have hated to give up "doggy" too wink

it will happen

fandango75 Mon 19-Oct-09 21:58:10

no problem - i was morified and upset and was the wailing wife thinking sex was going to feel weird for the rest of my life - hoorah it does not whoop whoop good luck wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now