Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

SEX

(5 Posts)
JJMAM Sat 17-Oct-09 22:02:07

Not had sex since conceiving our DS almost 2 years ago!

hubby hasn't approached the issue and I don't know how.
All conversations now rotate around the boy or our work; evenings exist for playing, bathing, bedtime, cleaning/tidying, work then sleep - with a middle of the night wake up guaranteed.

We have a short break, just the 2 of us - in a couple of weeks. Hope we find something of the old us there - hope he shows some interest.

I don't know if I'm looking for answers or sympathy but just feel the need to get it off my chest.

Thank you for listening

Gingemeeeklookatthatspider Sat 17-Oct-09 22:05:07

Do you miss it? Do you still kiss and cuddle? It sounds like the break could be the answer. All I can say is you must both be very patient people.

mrsboogie Sat 17-Oct-09 22:06:32

do you have any thoughts on why this is the case?

was he present at the birth? was it traumatic?
was your previous sex life very focused on getting you pregnant?

I would be wary of expecting this break to reveal the "old" him, if there is something going on it might take more than that to get things sorted...

lilacclaire Sun 18-Oct-09 01:32:24

How was your sex life before?
Are you both reserved? Perhaps he is waiting for you to signal that your ready after the birth?

Gingemeeeklookatthatspider Sun 18-Oct-09 13:07:58

Hello JJMAM is all ok ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now