Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Four years on.......

(3 Posts)
pineapplecube Fri 16-Oct-09 21:34:03

Nearly four years since we got back together after he left me for another woman. We were apart for 18 months. He had other infidelities while we were married but I never knew about any of them until we had split up.

Sad I know but I still don't trust him and I don't think I can go on living this way...

When you first get back together it is like a part of you is held back and after a while you soften and feelings come back and THAT is when it hurts, when the guard comes down.

megmums Fri 16-Oct-09 21:42:15

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I read it takes 2 to 3 years to get over an affair? Why do you not trust him now, is the relationship better?

HappyWoman Sat 17-Oct-09 08:54:29

Are you still both getting help - i think you probably never get over it - you just learn to live with it - either together as a team or apart.

Trust - still trying to let my gaurd down in certain areas 3 years on.

I do trust myself more now - and that is a help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now