Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dh has just surprised me

(25 Posts)
OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 14:07:15

By arranging a baby sitter for Saturday night, booking a table for dinner and mysteriously 'having to go and sort something out' for about half an hour last night and being very secretive about it. Because it is our anniversary.

So hurrah for DH.

Maybe I should stop being rude about him? Waddya think?

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 16-Oct-09 14:08:38

OK, but only for a week or so grin

Any idea where?

Disenchanted3 Fri 16-Oct-09 14:09:10

shock

Wow, he sounds lovely

BlingLoving Fri 16-Oct-09 14:09:42

Definitely! Excellent work on his part I'd say.

DH has just broken the news to me, reluctantly, that he's organised tickets for a show for my birthday .... I rang him to ask him if he could organise something for me and a few girlfriends.

It's nice to have good DHs isn't it?

happygrin

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 14:10:44

Where what ilove? Dinner? Only Prezzo but good enough grin

I think I might have to make it more than a week. Perhaps 10 days.

disenchanted - he's very nice. Lovely is pushing it wink

Iklboo Fri 16-Oct-09 14:10:59

DH went and bought me Professor Layton & Pandora's Box last night as an early anniversary pressie cos he knows I've been itching to get it

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 14:13:29

Problem is I haven't got him a gift. I really struggle with anniversary gifts - he doesn't want flowers or chocolates (both of which I'd love) so I have to really think about it hmm.

So I told him I wanted to go shopping with him to get him something he'd really like. Was that a cop out? Think I might get away with it?

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 16-Oct-09 14:13:31

Where you're going for dinner? Prezzo? Is that slang for Pizza Hut? They have some very nice salads now.... smile

AbricotsSecs Fri 16-Oct-09 14:15:13

Message withdrawn

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 14:15:24

Oooh no a few steps up from Pizza Hut <affronted>. But we're a bit stuck for gorgeous little places to eat round here grin

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 16-Oct-09 14:16:48

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to offend.

BlingLoving Fri 16-Oct-09 14:21:22

Shopping for gifts is fun together. How many years is it?

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Fri 16-Oct-09 14:23:21

No, shopping together is not a cop out. I must confess I prefer it and am not a chocs and flowers sort. Don't stop being rude about or to him though....it obviously workswink.

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 14:26:14

17 years bling.

No offenve taken ilove grin

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Fri 16-Oct-09 14:26:28

No, shopping together is not a cop out. I must confess I prefer it and am not a chocs and flowers sort. Don't stop being rude about or to him though....it obviously workswink.

ADifferentMe Fri 16-Oct-09 15:09:54

Has he printed the 2 meals for a tenner voucher from Prezzo? or has he been reading your posts? wink

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 15:15:21

I might add that we don't have vast amounts of money to spare atm. So even if we had a wonderful expensive little restaurant locally, we wouldn't be patronising it hmm

FfreckleFface Fri 16-Oct-09 15:17:58

Congratulations, Orm! Hope you have a lovely time. (I think Prezzo is v nice actually, and would love to be taken there. Or anywhere. Sigh.)

Geocentric Fri 16-Oct-09 15:19:35

Sounds lovely... Happy anniversary, by the way!!

OrmIrian Fri 16-Oct-09 15:21:05

Am also hoping that he forgoes his obsession with anniversary 'materials'. ie paper for one year, pewter for 10 (or whatever it is). A silk blouse was OK but wasn't that impressed with saucepans one year - well it's iron isn't it? hmm

diddl Fri 16-Oct-09 15:23:15

Well done your husband!

I forgot ours this year! blush

OrmIrian Sat 17-Oct-09 17:38:56

Well he presented me with a pretty necklace with a real diamond! First he's ever bought me grin I feel all grown up. And a watch with a pink face which is odd hmm But nice.

He chose a watch he wanted too so hurrah!

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Sat 17-Oct-09 17:42:55

Orm that's lovely, happy anniversary

Maybe it has sunk in a bit that he needs to pull his finger out?

I like Prezzo, nice and relaxed and yummy food. We don't have one round here so I am quite envy. Have a lovely evening!

lilacclaire Sat 17-Oct-09 19:13:33

Thats lovely, my best 'date' with dp was a hamburger roll out the chippy and a bottle of red cola sitting along the beach in the car as we were really skint lol.

OrmIrian Sun 18-Oct-09 19:08:49

Thanks everyone!

We had a lovely evening. But inevitably both boys were still up when we got home. Hey ho...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now