Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So the fat lady is singing....

(17 Posts)
Kerrymumbles Mon 05-Oct-09 23:38:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiteOfFun Mon 05-Oct-09 23:40:08

And what is her particular Aria? What is going on?

VineGruesomeTits Mon 05-Oct-09 23:42:07

23 days, 4 hours, 16 mins and 48 secs......

If you can't wait that long, shoot her

Kerrymumbles Mon 05-Oct-09 23:43:25

BiteOfFun Mon 05-Oct-09 23:45:07

Good works,my dear- or the old "If you can't get over someone, get under someone"...

BiteOfFun Mon 05-Oct-09 23:45:45

Seriously, keep busy, and get back out there.

VineGruesomeTits Mon 05-Oct-09 23:49:07

Aw soz to hear that KM, no man is worth your tears, and the one that is wont make you cry

weegiemum Mon 05-Oct-09 23:49:19

laaaaaaaaa- di-daaaaaaaa - daaaaaaaaa- di daaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!

That was me, the Fat Lady, singing!

Now go do what you have to do!!

(note: I have a lovely singing voice, I sing in a choir and at church. And I am certainly, no disputation about it FAT!!!)

Kerrymumbles Mon 05-Oct-09 23:53:40

picmaestress Tue 06-Oct-09 00:13:46

It takes time, boring but true. About a month for the really vile stuff to feck off, and a full 6 months as a rule for all pain to vanish (I've done this 3 times, same every time sad)

Create a new life for yourself, it's very diverting. My life is completely loopy now, and I love it, it's like my consolation prize for having been so fecking sad.

Kerrymumbles Tue 06-Oct-09 00:15:13

picmaestress Tue 06-Oct-09 00:29:03

I don't think a month is that long to start feeling better?
And when I say 6 months, I mean, when you think about it, there's no pain at all, not even when you really think about it.
How long did you think it would take? Not a loaded question, just curious.

Everyone's different btw, maybe I'm just slow ;)

thumbscrewwitch Tue 06-Oct-09 00:35:49

god, I wouldn't say you're slow, picmaestress, it took me a year to get to that point (but that was after 11y with the sod in qu - does longevity of relationship make a difference to recovery time? Or am I just a feeble weeble?)

SolidGhoulBrass Tue 06-Oct-09 00:57:00

I have heard a theory that recovery takes a month for every year of the relationship. Personally I think this is bullshit, sometimes the end of a relationship is a cause for relief and joy. But no matter how much it hurts now, it will get better.
He's obviously a knob who didn't deserve you KM <proffers virtual gin and cake>.

CaptainNonentity Tue 06-Oct-09 01:53:04

Oh KM sad so sorry to hear this. You don't know me, but I was hugging myself when I 'heard' you'd met someone smile

But maybe we'll see a bit more of you back on here now? wink

Kerrymumbles Tue 06-Oct-09 09:02:03

Kerrymumbles Tue 06-Oct-09 09:49:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now