Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wedding anniversary tomorrow - on Relate waiting list. Do I mark it in any way?

(20 Posts)
hanaflower Mon 05-Oct-09 21:24:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

supersalstrawberry Mon 05-Oct-09 21:31:34

megmums Mon 05-Oct-09 21:32:11

Sorry to hear you are having problems. My dh had our 2nd anniversary this year whilst having a terrible time. We got eachother cards, but it was a very weird day. You don't say what the situation regarding the problems are, i guess it depends on that?

supersalstrawberry Mon 05-Oct-09 21:33:59

megmums Mon 05-Oct-09 21:36:26

Supersalstrawberry - how many relate meetings did it take to start getting anywhere? I think marriage counselling is a great thing to try just don't feel very confident about it.

hanaflower Mon 05-Oct-09 21:41:34

suebee2b Mon 05-Oct-09 22:05:08

hanaflower - you should keep trying for as long as you continue to want to save the marriage so I would say buy the card, make an effort and hopefully get him to meet you halfway. Even if counselling doesn't help to save your marriage it will help you to sort yourself out. Good luck.

ellieloooooooooooooween Mon 05-Oct-09 22:29:49

oh hana no advice but wanted to give you some support, I hope you two manage to work things out x

LatinDAISYcal Mon 05-Oct-09 23:55:08

Aw hana sad

I would mark it, but in a low key way, get the card and maybe an M&S dine in deal(I noticed Sainsbury's are doing something similar) or a takeaway and have a sit down after DS is in bed. Maybe the date will help? It's hard though; DH and I had a really rough time when I was pregnant with DD and afterwards and things like anniversaries and Valentines are really tough if you are struggling to "feel the love".

I hope things aren't too bad and that the two of you can get things sorted.

Take care x

HeadInAWhirl Tue 06-Oct-09 07:16:34

Hope you manage to have a happy anniversary today hana

chocolategal Tue 06-Oct-09 07:56:07

Hi hanaflower
sorry you are going through this. I would get a card, maybe try to watch a DVD together in the evening, you would have some together time without the pressure of feeling you should be talking about things.?
Hope relate appointment comes through soon x

clam Tue 06-Oct-09 11:28:50

Well it's not going to do any harm, is it? Whereas not getting him anything might just underline to him how bad things are.

If the bottom line is that you want to save the marriage, start showing him little signs.

hanaflower Tue 06-Oct-09 19:06:40

Yorky Tue 06-Oct-09 19:49:38

I'm glad you had a nice surprise Hana, maybe you both want to save your marriage, I suppose this could be a good relaunching point for you.
Good luck to you both

LatinDAISYcal Tue 06-Oct-09 20:05:14

smile
I hope that it's a starting point to build on as Yorky said hana and that the two of you are talking about things this evening.

ellieloooooooooooooween Tue 06-Oct-09 21:44:41

Am glad he got you something, hope you get your appt soon

hanaflower Tue 06-Oct-09 22:00:00

LadyBuzz Wed 07-Oct-09 09:34:42

Hana hope things work out, it is so hard, as you know I have also gone through similar this year and DH and I are trying. Its not perfect but its getting better. I feel for you.
Really hope relate works.

hanaflower Wed 07-Oct-09 19:26:19

LadyBuzz Thu 08-Oct-09 09:02:47

You are right I have always said that too, but when you are faced with it its not so simple. If you want to get anything off your chest FB me. We were having our issues over valentines day and didn't mark it and it felt awful. So I would see that as a good thing. Hang in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now