Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what the hell is wrong with me???

(32 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:06:37

after the meeting every now and then i have a desire to be with him....

he and I stay in touch via text and we both feel the same but distance and our relationships keep us apart...

oh fuck me why am i feeling like this tonight?

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:08:38

Don't know the story, but probably just in that place where real life isn't real....

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:12:50

i am in a relationship where i am really treated like a princess, but when i was with him for the night i was more than just a mum iykwim??? and i want to feel that way again

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:16:36

You can do that. it will just take a bit more work and effort.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:18:01

I take it you've been a naughty girl, or am I way off blush, also do i remmeber correctly that your dp it a bit older than you?

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:18:07

it is madness if he were to turn up i would fall in his arms but it is dp i love

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:19:38

so its not really him then is it, more what being with him means...being you

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:24:47

yes!!!!
i don't love him yes i fancy him always have, he is younger than me etc etc but would could not see us together in the long term

groundhogs Sun 04-Oct-09 00:25:18

Like giving up smoking, sometimes you crave a little of what does you no good at all.

Stay on the wagon dear lady! grin

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:26:03

SO why do it?

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:28:27

oh i have stayed away for over 2 1/2 yrs since the "meeting" but we have had some cheeky text messages tonight..,no rude or suggestive just comical

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:29:13

GH, see I am human!!!

I am on the wagon and rather than replying to last text i am talking to you!!!

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:30:19

lovebeing, yes almost 3 yrs ago (2006) i was naughty...

fairybubbles Sun 04-Oct-09 00:35:56

why the sudden contact?

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 00:38:55

I have been in this situation too, and whilst the euphoria is addictive, IME any contact at all is a bad idea. Carry on posting here instead and stop checking your phone. It gets easier.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:39:34

oh we are always texing jokes etc talking on FB but always mucking about jokes etc. He is away atm on holiday and he txt to say he was missing our chats. I replied yeah know what ya mean, without you to talk to the internet can be boring...

and then i started feeling how i do now but have been out to sisters and had few drinks

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:42:23

bran, i wish i had never met up with him, and had kept the flirting to just online then it hurt nobody. but we met and there is a big huge strong connection there....

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 00:51:27

Yep, all the more electric because you know you shouldn't? And because you did once you know it's good... but still.
Sounds like you normally keep it together but after a few drinks you just need to get through tonight?

I thought about someone for 2 years, sometimes thought I was going mad, because i could NOT break the habit of thinking about him. Only got over it when I realised that what I was addicted to was the thrill of thinking about him and wondering what he was doing.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:55:47

Bran thats it!!! i just need to get through tonight, i need him to stop texting me, i need me to stop texting him, i need to stop thinking about all 6ft 5" of him lol....and I need to not ever go for a drink again....sod it no i need dp to realise that whilst i am mama to our 2 sons i need me time!!

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 01:05:50

Evie, one step at a time smile. To start with you need to block any new input from him getting into your brain and going round and round, so that means going cold turkey on the texting. At least then you'll be able to concentrate on what needs to be sorted out with dp and having some time to yourself.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 01:07:04

bran sigh i know u are right.........

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 01:11:46

Not as thrilling I know...... You need to do something exciting to get the adrenaline from something else.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 01:13:40

Bran well plan is tuesday i am off out alone without dp or dc....will be first time in tooooooo long lol.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 04-Oct-09 01:13:42

Bran well plan is tuesday i am off out alone without dp or dc....will be first time in tooooooo long lol.

branaire Sun 04-Oct-09 01:26:08

Remembered this quote: the cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

Off to feed DD now but have a good one Tuesday Evie and go easy on yourself...
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now