Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't know what to think?

(4 Posts)
tiredmelly Sat 03-Oct-09 22:40:54

My DS(2) was pulling DD(4) by hair - he is currently being seen for development delays.

DH used his foot to 'flick' DS's wrist to stop him pulling DD's hair. His reasoning being that it was the quickest thing he could do.

What would your reaction be?

SeveredPartOfTheHumphreysGroup Sat 03-Oct-09 22:50:09

Sounds fair enough if he just used it in the same way he would use his hand, in a gentle way.

tiredmelly Sat 03-Oct-09 22:59:02

Thanks for that - have been wondering if I overreacted to it, as I was in such shock that he contemplated doing that.

Having thought about it for a few days, I think it boils down to a bit of lasiness rather than just being done for speed.

Im surprised, when my dd2 (who is 2) is pulling her sisters hair, I have to prize her fingers apart, otherwise would rip out dd1's hair in masses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now