Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Distracting friend from breakup - ideas?

(4 Posts)
LissyGlitter Fri 02-Oct-09 10:21:58

My best mate from back home (preston, and I'm near Newcastle) has just had a breakup with her boyfriend and I have demanded she comes over to visit me for the weekend, in an attempt to stop her getting really drunk and sleeping with the most unsuitable person she can find, then crying. I'm thinking a weekend with me (heavily pregnant), DD (2.5yo) and DP (brilliant cook) might make sure she has a bit of time to get her head straight, as Preston can get a bit like a soap opera sometimes!

My sister is also visiting from London, so we can have a proper girly weekend. Any ideas for cheap and fun things to do that will avoid my friend getting all upset? My friend is a bit gothy and very sparkly and 25. My sister is pretty sensible (unless she is drunk or playing with children) and 22. Both are primary school teachers.

LissyGlitter Fri 02-Oct-09 10:23:47

I'm thinking of teaching my friend to bake simple cakes, as she has somehow got to adulthood without being able to cook anything that doesn't come in a packet! (In the last few years, I have taught her to boil an egg and make mashed potato)

hambler Fri 02-Oct-09 10:31:45

You sound like a fab friend and will have a great time whatever. It might be nice to get your dh to take your dd away for a bit so the big girls can have time together.

groundhogs Fri 02-Oct-09 18:04:00

You do sound like a great friend to have... perhaps a spa night? either buy or make some homemade face masks, break out the chocolate... and go for it!

If you are that heavily PG, bet you can't do your toes.... but the girls could!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now